ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job threats for Posties?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Job threats for Posties?
I cant find a direct link on here and I hate making a new thread if this is covered solely in another topic which covers any possible job threats to postmen with the Amazon,TNT deliveries which will affect RM.
Basically at the minute there is a lot of overtime,infact since ive been at RM (for about a year) there has never been an overtime issue but was recently told that will probably stop for this summer because of the prediction of mail dropping. I guess being fairly new im worried about a possible future job loss. Iam part time and a full time postie told me (whos been there years) said if anything then they would try and cut full time posties. Thing is I was made permanent 3 months ago and there are 4 other guys who started after me who are still on temps. I suppose one has to think why would I be made permanent if any losses were in the pipeline.
Basically at the minute there is a lot of overtime,infact since ive been at RM (for about a year) there has never been an overtime issue but was recently told that will probably stop for this summer because of the prediction of mail dropping. I guess being fairly new im worried about a possible future job loss. Iam part time and a full time postie told me (whos been there years) said if anything then they would try and cut full time posties. Thing is I was made permanent 3 months ago and there are 4 other guys who started after me who are still on temps. I suppose one has to think why would I be made permanent if any losses were in the pipeline.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Job threats for Posties?
There is no doubt our job is being undermined by TNT ana other companies but I'll give you the same advice I've been giving out for 20 years...don't worry about it because nobody has the slightest idea how it's going to pan out.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Job threats for Posties?
fishtank wrote:There is no doubt our job is being undermined by TNT ana other companies but I'll give you the same advice I've been giving out for 20 years...don't worry about it because nobody has the slightest idea how it's going to pan out.
-
DavidFS
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Job threats for Posties?
The reason behind cutting full-time posties will have nothing to do with increased competition. 
-
hertsman0
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 20:21
Re: Job threats for Posties?
Over the summer months there has always been less mail and the amount of overtime is reduced accordingly .However TNT is a major concern . One thing in our favour is the amount of complaints about TNT mail where they deliver the mail . Ie dumped mail and mail delivered the wrong addresses .
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Job threats for Posties?
Aren't TNT a foreign company?
-
elias
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 03 Apr 2014, 11:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Job threats for Posties?
Yep Dutch if my memory serves me right
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Job threats for Posties?
elias wrote:Yep Dutch if my memory serves me right
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Job threats for Posties?
If they are Dutch then its half each then. 
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Job threats for Posties?
Go back to Deutschland then !
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Job threats for Posties?
I hope you're making some sort of joke as Deutchland is Germany.Chelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !
There's a risk in almost any job. Maybe you could move to a small, rural area. TNT won't really want to come to a small area like that.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Job threats for Posties?
dutch is netherlands holland not germanyChelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Job threats for Posties?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;bringon4dayweeks wrote:dutch is netherlands holland not germanyChelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Job threats for Posties?
Oops lol
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Job threats for Posties?
deutschland is not dutchvenger wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;bringon4dayweeks wrote:dutch is netherlands holland not germanyChelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !