ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing & Favourites

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Lapsing & Favourites

Post by Kings Norton »

We just got our sheets today for our two walk lapsing starting today and would you believe the union rep and his family member got right outside the office now does that stink or what?
raikky
Posts: 212
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
Gender: Female

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by raikky »

so what. you have a start and finish time. end of. I know theres a lot of unfairness out there but I found the best thing to do is forget it and concentrate on yourself. if you have been given collapsing which takes longer because its a bigger portion or you have to drive out your way you simply assess whether you can do it within your time, its not compulsory.although I have been to offices where posties seem to think it is.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by NewPostieUK »

Kings Norton wrote:We just got our sheets today for our two walk lapsing starting today and would you believe the union rep and his family member got right outside the office now does that stink or what?
Important union business comes before traipsing around with some other duties mail.
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by loverman shabba »

i leave any lapsing in the frame until i have completed my own delivery. do it when you return to the office if you have time
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by ebbzie »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:We just got our sheets today for our two walk lapsing starting today and would you believe the union rep and his family member got right outside the office now does that stink or what?
Important union business comes before traipsing around with some other duties mail.
Like what? kissing the DOMs ar*e
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by Hitcher »

loverman shabba wrote:i leave any lapsing in the frame until i have completed my own delivery. do it when you return to the office if you have time
Not allowed in our office - it has to be taken out with you.
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by ihatedogs »

/
Last edited by ihatedogs on 29 Dec 2014, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by Kings Norton »

Should this lapsing not be looped? I done mine Saturday I started as the frame followed on. For instance I started mine in Manchester ended it in Birmingham partner started his in Birmingham ended in London if you understand me pure dead walking.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by Hitcher »

ihatedogs wrote:
Hitcher wrote:
loverman shabba wrote:i leave any lapsing in the frame until i have completed my own delivery. do it when you return to the office if you have time
Not allowed in our office - it has to be taken out with you.
What happens if you can't complete? Do you bring your lapsing back?
I get it taken off me if I can't complete but most go over and don't claim.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing & Favourites

Post by Hitcher »

Kings Norton wrote:Should this lapsing not be looped? I done mine Saturday I started as the frame followed on. For instance I started mine in Manchester ended it in Birmingham partner started his in Birmingham ended in London if you understand me pure dead walking.
Same thing in our office - the collapsed duties are HCT so you end up dead walking.