ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missing tracked

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Missing tracked

Post by coxie »

Quick question, customer is claiming tracked item never recieved. What I think has happened is their porch has a letterbox and it was a non signature so I scanned it and put it through the porch letterbox. The porch is mainly see through glass and usually unlocked so if they ain't pulling a fast one then maybe someone else saw it and took it. It was my first point of delivery and manager says it was scanned as delivered but customer saying they never got it. Did I do anything wrong by putting it through the porch if it had a letterbox on it? I mean is it my job to check if porches are locked or not?
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: Missing tracked

Post by newtimes »

In my opinion if you put an item through the letter box thats the job done. When the item is scanned the GPS co-ordinates are logged, put them into google maps and location is shown. This is only my opinion I am sure someone will give a better answer with using RM guide lines.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Missing tracked

Post by OnAFlyer »

You delivered it through the letterbox and scanned it as delivered - end of story. If the customer doesn't want stuff stealing from their porch then they should try locking it. How are you supposed to know if a door is unlocked or not!

There was a similar complaint on a walk in our office this week, a guy claimed he hadn't received two tracked but the driver says he gave them both to him, and the walker also saw him go to the house with them. They were scanned and confirmed, So that's the end of it.

I think some customers think that tracked should be signed for, and try it on saying they haven't been delivered without realised they've been scanned and confirmed.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Missing tracked

Post by bluealbert »

Yep a few customers in our area try it on with tracked items,we haven't received it etc,makes me sick I know they have received the items but they still try it on :no no :arrrghhh
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Missing tracked

Post by krussel »

The letter box is the point of delivery you did right. There should be no come back with this.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Missing tracked

Post by datasaint »

krussel wrote:The letter box is the point of delivery you did right. There should be no come back with this.
What about customers who have their front door open for whatever reason? Do you leave the mail on the floor?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Missing tracked

Post by arnold cheshire »

coxie wrote:Quick question, customer is claiming tracked item never recieved. What I think has happened is their porch has a letterbox and it was a non signature so I scanned it and put it through the porch letterbox. The porch is mainly see through glass and usually unlocked so if they ain't pulling a fast one then maybe someone else saw it and took it. It was my first point of delivery and manager says it was scanned as delivered but customer saying they never got it. Did I do anything wrong by putting it through the porch if it had a letterbox on it? I mean is it my job to check if porches are locked or not?
did you scan it ? job done then :thumbup
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Missing tracked

Post by catch22 »

nothing will happen... its shown as scanned... and delievered...

customer cant even put in for compo.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Missing tracked

Post by arnold cheshire »

coxie wrote: I mean is it my job to check if porches are locked or not?
:left:
:left: not our concern
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Missing tracked

Post by arnold cheshire »

coxie wrote:Quick question, customer is claiming tracked item never recieved. What I think has happened is their porch has a letterbox and it was a non signature so I scanned it and put it through the porch letterbox. The porch is mainly see through glass and usually unlocked so if they ain't pulling a fast one then maybe someone else saw it and took it. It was my first point of delivery and manager says it was scanned as delivered but customer saying they never got it. Did I do anything wrong by putting it through the porch if it had a letterbox on it? I mean is it my job to check if porches are locked or not?
once a letter is delivered its not our concern any more :thumbup
indio
Posts: 87
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 22:57
Gender: Male

Re: Missing tracked

Post by indio »

bluealbert wrote:I know they have received the items but they still try it on :no no :arrrghhh
Because they get away with it. Who hasn't been hung drawn and quartered by a customer lying on a complaint when the DIM doesn't like your face?