ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay rise related..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MDWootton
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 16:37
Gender: Male

Pay rise related..

Post by MDWootton »

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some info..
I am on a permanent 31 hour contract and my initial 6 months are up next week and I am due a pay rise.
Does anyone know what I can expect from this?

Many thanks.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by doorstepped »

YES

50p an hour extra

and same again when a year is up

:)
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by terry2972 »

Yes a whole 50p an hour more don't spend it all at once
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by aiden01 »

terry2972 wrote:Yes a whole 50p an hour more don't spend it all at once
so for a 31 hr contract that is a rise of 15.50 pw hope you turned yours down terry2972 :hmmmm
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by terry2972 »

No I wouldn't turn the £10 after tax down another thought I am on a 27.5 contract and receive part payment for the door to door but as my colleague pointed out today we both deliver the same amount and she gets the full amount strange old world lol
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

terry2972 wrote:No I wouldn't turn the £10 after tax down another thought I am on a 27.5 contract and receive part payment for the door to door but as my colleague pointed out today we both deliver the same amount and she gets the full amount strange old world lol

No one gets paid for D2D now so your colleague is wrong. The Delivery Supplement is based on hours worked up to 39 - PTimers get a slightly higher OT rate from their contracted hours up to 39 to match FT colleagues when they work overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by terry2972 »

many thanks for clarifying that situation and I presume when I work over I don't get ot rate until I have got my hours up to full time hrs?
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by DB1100 »

terry2972 wrote:many thanks for clarifying that situation and I presume when I work over I don't get ot rate until I have got my hours up to full time hrs?
Yep,2 tier overtime,lovely innit.
For we were soldiers once,and young
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by terry2972 »

I thought that would be the case I think I understand why rm don't give full time contracts at the moment I nearly always do full time hrs but holiday and sick pay is based on my contracted hrs great isn't it lol
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by Lincox »

The pay is bearable, the walking isn,t.
MDWootton
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by MDWootton »

OK thanks for the info guys, some of the staff in my depot seem to think it will go up according to my pay rate and contracted hours ie equalling around 1.50 pay rise....
I truly hope they are right and you are wrong but no breath being held here lol.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by Lincox »

Whats your current hourly rate?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

terry2972 wrote:many thanks for clarifying that situation and I presume when I work over I don't get ot rate until I have got my hours up to full time hrs?
No - but then nor do FTs - you'll get an enhanced rate for anything over your contracted hours up to 39 - meaning you get paid the same as a FTimer (after a year) if you do 39 hours.
DB1100 wrote:Yep,2 tier overtime,lovely innit.
How ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by Darren Bent »

By giving part timer contract to people Royal Mail managers can improve their bonus by savings and that why part timers stuffers on holidays and sick week. :( :no no
MDWootton
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rise related..

Post by MDWootton »

Lincox wrote:Whats your current hourly rate?
£8.65 p/h