ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Advice
-
peppapig
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Female
Advice
I'm off sick at present after an accident on duty, I was told to stay off sick until atos origin have been in touch. 4 weeks down the line my manager has not referred me to atos, and does not answer my calls to give me a reason as to why. Can anyone point me in the right direction
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Advice
contact rep if you are in the union and get guidance.
if not then your best option is write a letter to the manager asking for an update.
i take it you have a sick note to cover you while you are off.
if not then your best option is write a letter to the manager asking for an update.
i take it you have a sick note to cover you while you are off.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Advice
Keep a note of all these dates etc and when you contacted your dom etc.
Your dom should have referred you to Atos in the beginning.
Your dom should have referred you to Atos in the beginning.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice
Hope you had the sense to inform your line manager of your accident on duty and had this recorded in the accident book and completed the necessary forms ( ERICA) that goes with it. Surprised after 4 weeks no one has been in contact with you by phone or writing for an update on your condition. You have never received the customary 3 day into absence phone call or the standard letter advising you to remain in touch with the office ? If your GP is still issuing medical certificates tell GP to show on certificate " injury at work">peppapig wrote:I'm off sick at present after an accident on duty, I was told to stay off sick until atos origin have been in touch. 4 weeks down the line my manager has not referred me to atos, and does not answer my calls to give me a reason as to why. Can anyone point me in the right direction
-
peppapig
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Female
Re: Advice
I've been handing in sick lines as advised by line manager until atos referral is done, also I did do the accident at work Erica within 24hrs, just don't get why they haven't bothered. I get letter from a manager asking me to contact him, I call him and he laughs claiming he never sent letters! Can't work them out
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Advice
peppapig wrote:I've been handing in sick lines as advised by line manager until atos referral is done, also I did do the accident at work Erica within 24hrs, just don't get why they haven't bothered. I get letter from a manager asking me to contact him, I call him and he laughs claiming he never sent letters! Can't work them out
Are you CWU ?
If not I think your going to need to be as your Dom sounds like his not in real control of this situation. You may need to get your rep involved to make sure that they play fair here.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
peppapig
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Female
Re: Advice
Yeah I'm in the union, spoke with area rep today, he's advised me to write a letter of complaint to the sector manager and see the others run! Total shambles!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice
so you pay your union fees and the area rep tell,s to write a letter of complaint why can he not deal with it on your behalf surely that's what we pay our due,s forpeppapig wrote:Yeah I'm in the union, spoke with area rep today, he's advised me to write a letter of complaint to the sector manager and see the others run! Total shambles!