ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
-
rainbowwarrior72
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
- Gender: Male
Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Got pulled into my managers office and told that due to an e-mail from senior RM management I am now banned from all future Moya Town Hall events. Apparently you have to be invited and if I should turn up on spec I will be politely refused entry and turned away. All I did was state a few home truths to Moya at the last event a few weeks ago in Victoria. It seems she wasn't amused. I didn't even get to finish all I wanted to say re budget savings and her managers not having the bottle to tell her the truth. I accept that she may not agree with me but this is wrong especially as the CWU H.Q never seem to be invited to these events.
I was told it was a Q&A session not for political statements but then again she never answers any of the questions asked. I think they expect us to turn up and be seen but not heard.
I was told it was a Q&A session not for political statements but then again she never answers any of the questions asked. I think they expect us to turn up and be seen but not heard.
-
rainbowwarrior72
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Oh yes seeing the Area manager about it on Monday
-
adb2aber
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 01 Feb 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
What is a Moya Town Hall event?
-
lollollol
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 19:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Welcome to the Soviet Union comrade... 
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Well next time make the effort.
Go into Primark and buy one of them stupid striped shirts(preferably a nice puffy pink shirt) that all the managers seem to have, put on your most boring pants,find a Starbucks or Costa Coffee house and get a take out coffee then go in,look f***ing gormless....then report back how you got on.
Go into Primark and buy one of them stupid striped shirts(preferably a nice puffy pink shirt) that all the managers seem to have, put on your most boring pants,find a Starbucks or Costa Coffee house and get a take out coffee then go in,look f***ing gormless....then report back how you got on.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
barbario
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
We all know Royal Mail don't want to hear the truth. They seem to operate in their own world.
-
JaneM
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 20 Jun 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Female
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Having witnessed Moya articulate her vision for Royal Mail in her usual turgid style,i have decided to voluntarily preclude myself from having to endure
any further such events!
any further such events!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
TBH I'd love to know what Moya and her henchmen see as the future of RM because I'm wondering if it includes the staff on the shop floor.JaneM wrote:Having witnessed Moya articulate her vision for Royal Mail in her usual turgid style,i have decided to voluntarily preclude myself from having to endure
any further such events!
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
a very sad state of affairs I have to say,a full on visit to units up and down the country wouldn't go a miss,and get a true picture of working conditions and what goes on day to day,we can dream I guess.or just write to her directly for what that's worth???
-
rainbowwarrior72
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Basically she thinks we are going in the right direction and WCM is the future. At the last one I attended she was warning us of the threat that is Amazon Deliveries and that it has been well planned from the outset. She would not have it that it might be down to the flawed revisions that have been put in the offices.
I told her that we've got to invest, stop the budget cuts and deliver the service our customers expect and we'll get the business back. Basically it appears that they didn't like my point to the Junior Managers that when we are all on the dole queue they won't be managers anymore and just Jobless statistics. That's when they told me it was a Q&A session not for statements but then again she never answers the questions. I think the funny bit was that when I made my last point that I give it 3years or less before we hit bedrock if we carry on with the budget cuts the microphone had walked away.
As a Shareholder I think that its a total waste of money having these events anyway besides the pastries were too small
I told her that we've got to invest, stop the budget cuts and deliver the service our customers expect and we'll get the business back. Basically it appears that they didn't like my point to the Junior Managers that when we are all on the dole queue they won't be managers anymore and just Jobless statistics. That's when they told me it was a Q&A session not for statements but then again she never answers the questions. I think the funny bit was that when I made my last point that I give it 3years or less before we hit bedrock if we carry on with the budget cuts the microphone had walked away.
As a Shareholder I think that its a total waste of money having these events anyway besides the pastries were too small
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Next time you go, go as a shareholder and not an employee. How are they going to stop a shareholder tending such a gathering?
-
westham000
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Any shareholder is entitled to attend the companies annual general meeting ( AGM) you can ask as many questions as you please. Also, at the AGM will be company directors, shareholders of the business and members of the PRESS!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
COULD BE A VERY LONG AGMwestham000 wrote:Any shareholder is entitled to attend the companies annual general meeting ( AGM) you can ask as many questions as you please. Also, at the AGM will be company directors, shareholders of the business and members of the PRESS!
-
rainbowwarrior72
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
Apparently it was a big misunderstanding and I wasn't banned just they felt I couldn't goto the event in June at Heathrow as I had been to the one in Victoria. He found my e-mail to him very informative but felt he should speak to me to clarify things. I personally think I should get a golden pass to all Moya events myself because I am enthusiastic and take part
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Banned from future Moya Town Hall events
I think you're right because you can ask the questions you didn't have time for and perhaps get an answer to the ones you felt went unanswered last timerainbowwarrior72 wrote:Apparently it was a big misunderstanding and I wasn't banned just they felt I couldn't goto the event in June at Heathrow as I had been to the one in Victoria. He found my e-mail to him very informative but felt he should speak to me to clarify things. I personally think I should get a golden pass to all Moya events myself because I am enthusiastic and take part