ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Post by P739 »

On a stage one warning been in the hospital for an operation regarding an injury while out on delivery when I go back I will trigger a stage 2 do I have a case to contest this...cheers
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Post by krussel »

Yes and no.

RM normally do not hear any case till a stage 3. However as your clearly genuine you should get your rep involved to get this returned to a stage 1.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Post by rehabron »

P739 wrote:On a stage one warning been in the hospital for an operation regarding an injury while out on delivery when I go back I will trigger a stage 2 do I have a case to contest this...cheers
Yes you have a valid reason to contest this and this has already been answered on a previous forum. Firstly you state that your injury was incurred while on delivery and you should have had this recorded in the accident book and reported to line manager within 24 hours. An ERICA form should have then been completed. Accidents at work are discounted from the attendance procedure. Ensure that you inform your union rep to accompany you when the interview for the corrective surgery absence takes place.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Re: Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Post by P739 »

rehabron wrote:
P739 wrote:On a stage one warning been in the hospital for an operation regarding an injury while out on delivery when I go back I will trigger a stage 2 do I have a case to contest this...cheers
Yes you have a valid reason to contest this and this has already been answered on a previous forum. Firstly you state that your injury was incurred while on delivery and you should have had this recorded in the accident book and reported to line manager within 24 hours. An ERICA form should have then been completed. Accidents at work are discounted from the attendance procedure. Ensure that you inform your union rep to accompany you when the interview for the corrective surgery absence takes place.
Thanks folks accident was reported Also won my case against those liable for the accident..
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Post by rehabron »

If you won your case against those liable for the accident then can't see how on this info. you can be issued with a stage 2.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Post by Glenno »

rehabron wrote:If you won your case against those liable for the accident then can't see how on this info. you can be issued with a stage 2.
Read up on the Attendance procedure AOD will normally be discounted :wave :wave
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Corrective Surgery Stage warning..

Post by rehabron »

Glenno wrote:
rehabron wrote:If you won your case against those liable for the accident then can't see how on this info. you can be issued with a stage 2.
Read up on the Attendance procedure AOD will normally be discounted :wave :wave
Funny isn't that what I mentioned in my earlier posting. :wave :wave :wave