ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

first aide kits

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
donein
Posts: 136
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
Location: north devon

first aide kits

Post by donein »

hi all
are there supposed to be first aide kits supplied in the post van we use for our park&loop duties,only ask cos had a tumble cut my arm in a few places but then had naff all to clean and cover the minor wounds mostly pride was hurt lol .
pyphon
Posts: 231
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: North East England

Re: first aide kits

Post by pyphon »

My shell fuel card lets me buy them.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: first aide kits

Post by spiderj »

Depends on your area mate
I won
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: first aide kits

Post by Hitcher »

Do you really believe they'd not be nicked if they were?
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: first aide kits

Post by pod25 »

If you request, they can't refuse to supply. Standard health and safety procedure.
If they do refuse, just contact your area health and safety union rep.

We had a similar situation in our office. There was no first aid box. I emailed my cwu safety rep the same afternoon and there very next morning, we had a first aid box.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: first aide kits

Post by DB1100 »

donein wrote:hi all
are there supposed to be first aide kits supplied in the post van we use for our park&loop duties,only ask cos had a tumble cut my arm in a few places but then had naff all to clean and cover the minor wounds mostly pride was hurt lol .
In that situation,I as a first aider would have took you back to the office as your wound would need to be cleaned properly first,if you had a first aid kit in the van people would just steal or use the plasters and when you came to use them in an emergency there wouldn't be any.
For we were soldiers once,and young
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: first aide kits

Post by spiderj »

Unfortunately stuff would most likely go missing
I carry a first aid kit with me at all times

Then again I should as I'm a first aider
But for wee cuts and slight strains

All you need are a couple of plasters,one bandage and some tubi grip

And before folk say" royal mail should supply it"
I asked my lino,Dom,safety rep,even wcm bods
Again and again and again and again
Eventually I got a full kit to travelled with
And the ones in the office are at full spec
(Or will be when I check them tomorrow)
:thumbup
I won