ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

which is the best

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

which is the best

Post by comeracing »

ive paid £4 + per week into personal assurance scheme for years,as I am aware this covers just hospital stays,but the other scheme healthshield for the same amount of money per week covers dentist chiropodist etc as well as hospital stays is it a no brainer shall I swap schemes. :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: which is the best

Post by comeracing »

oh yes the scheme I am in now is personal assurance.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: which is the best

Post by Straight4ward »

Without seeing the full policy details it would be impossible to advise you.

You need to compare the two policies side by side and where there are differences, consider the implications for you.
For example;
Are there limits to that which can be claimed?
Do some of the costs have to met by you?
Are certain conditions not covered?
Is treatment offered from either private or public hospitals?
Are there any restrictions concerning age?
- - - - and on and on.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
The assassin
Posts: 7
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 09:39
Gender: Male

Re: which is the best

Post by The assassin »

Cancel personal insurance I just claimed for hospital visit got £20
Been paying 3-50 a week for 7 years,I would advise anybody who has this to cancel ASAP !!!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: which is the best

Post by fishtank »

The vast majority of people get nothing back from these schemes despite paying in a fortune over the years, that's how they make their money.

They deliberately make claiming a pain in the arse and they pay out buttons...but it's called personal assurance for a reason and if you're the kind of person that needs a lot of assurance then I suppose it has it's uses.

To be honest it would be better value to take that £4 a week and stuff it under the mattress for a rainy day, if you have the self control to do that..
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
cazspence
Posts: 78
Joined: 05 Nov 2011, 06:28
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Re: which is the best

Post by cazspence »

I have the simply health policy, and I think its worth it. But I wear glasses and prescription sunglasses and change them every year, go to the dentist often, they both pay back 100% of what it costs me up to £200. I Use private physio, a chiropodist, have sports injury massage and they all pay back 75% up to £400. I wear orthotic shoe inserts and get 50% back on what I pay for them. So it all depends if you would actually use it. All I have to do is fill in a form attach receipt and send it off to them and its credited to my bank usually in less than a week. So for me that £2 a week I pay is returned many times over, 1 pair of glasses and its paid for itself. My son had 1 night in hospital last May and because I had to stay with him I got £35 for him and £20 for me accompanying him. So I think you maybe just have a rubbish policy.