ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

P45 help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Megz1234
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
Gender: Female

P45 help

Post by Megz1234 »

Started last week as postie. I tried to give my manager my p45 but he says he doesn't know what to do with it. Does anyone know who I give it to? Anyone got a number for me to call? Does my manager need to fill in the new employer part as I'm getting taxed too much.

Thanks
tommytucka
Posts: 34
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: P45 help

Post by tommytucka »

Send it to HR
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: P45 help

Post by Ricardo44 »

It should have been dealt with last week on your induction..ring the H.R number on your wage slip and speak to them.
DavidFS
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
Gender: Male

Re: P45 help

Post by DavidFS »

If you filled and sent out the form given in your induction email (forget what it was called) the one that you had to return with your signed contract. Then you're tax should be sorted this week. If not then you're P45 need to be posted to HR.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: P45 help

Post by Pinky 1 »

Megz1234 wrote:Started last week as postie. I tried to give my manager my p45 but he says he doesn't know what to do with it. Does anyone know who I give it to? Anyone got a number for me to call? Does my manager need to fill in the new employer part as I'm getting taxed too much.

Thanks
So you've got a manager who doesn't know how to manage.
Welcome to Royal Mail :whistle
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: P45 help

Post by arnold cheshire »

Megz1234 wrote:Started last week as postie. I tried to give my manager my p45 but he says he doesn't know what to do with it. Does anyone know who I give it to? Anyone got a number for me to call? Does my manager need to fill in the new employer part as I'm getting taxed too much.

Thanks
p take i dont think you will get taxed to much has its only week 3 now :thumbup
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: P45 help

Post by arnold cheshire »

Megz1234 wrote:Started last week as postie. I tried to give my manager my p45 but he says he doesn't know what to do with it. Does anyone know who I give it to? Anyone got a number for me to call? Does my manager need to fill in the new employer part as I'm getting taxed too much.

Thanks
p45 in april ?