ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

mail integrity

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

mail integrity

Post by spiderj »

One of our guys regularly asks a neighbouring duty to take any specials for his part of park and loop that he won't reach by 1pm

Nothing signed etc just handed over
He's asked me but I now refuse
As I don't want an awkward answer session with ib

Am I right in thinking he should approach lino or locker and get it signed over?
:cuppa
I won
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by vanman90 »

He should stop what he's doing and deliver the SD 1 items if He cannot get there before 1pm if He needs to cut off because of this He needs to take this up with the lino, If the manager decides He shouldn't take them then the sector driver should.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by Hitcher »

If he's on P&L then why isn't he using the van to do them?
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by vanman90 »

He must be P&L if H'es getting STR's
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by OnAFlyer »

Postie 1 sounds like a joker, you've got a van you take the specials!

Postie 2 sounds like a mug, why would you take someone else's specials!

You're doing the right thing, mail for another delivery is nothing to do with you.
hans solo
Posts: 3280
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by hans solo »

oh dear spidey whatever will we do
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by chrisj »

I suspect that the postie is not actually working from a van as a pair. Some posties tend to do what they want so as to finish early or whatever.

I guess, this person does the job his own way - perhaps using his car or bag drops and his normal partner refuses to take his special? Yea, spidey???

RM talks a lot about mail integrity but they rarely ever monitor what some posties are getting up to.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: mail integrity

Post by spiderj »

He is p n loop
I've raised the issue with my lino previously
I didn't get a definitive answer
I personally don't agree with the whole situation

If something is signed as being takes out for delivery by you
Surely you should deliver it?

Guessed it'll be an email to just say it worded as a query
So as not to drop folk in it.

I have challenged all parties
The guy taking it is just in the door
The guy ditching them has been in a very long time
:cuppa
I won
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: mail integrity

Post by NewPostieUK »

That's the whole point of park and loop surely? One has van and does specials before 1pm. Other dutyholder is a fool for taking them.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by fishtank »

If you sign for your specials and then hand one over to someone else informally to deliver and they lose it you're going to be in some serious s**t.

It's deliberate disregard of security procedures, It's likely to be viewed as gross misconduct and you're likely to be heading to the job centre pretty soon-ish afterwards.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: mail integrity

Post by chrisj »

I still do not understand why you said 'one' of your guys asked a favour for his part of the park and loop...

Technically, there is no single part in a park and loop - the 2 posties are equally responsible for delivering all the mail including specials and signed for. And there is no driver or walker business either: the job just needs to be done.

Some specials are just letters and other could be as big as a TV; so they do not belong to one particular postie in a P&L partnership... :whistle
Last edited by chrisj on 22 Apr 2014, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: mail integrity

Post by spiderj »

fishtank wrote:If you sign for your specials and then hand one over to someone else informally to deliver and they lose it you're going to be in some serious s**t.

It's deliberate disregard of security procedures, It's likely to be viewed as gross misconduct and you're likely to be heading to the job centre pretty soon-ish afterwards.
I tried telling the guy that fish..
I genuinely thought I'd best say to him before something goes breasts skywards

But he's obssessd with doing whatever he can to get by before his time.
As I've said I don't want to drop anyone in the merde,so just said no way was I doing it for him and advised the other fella of the consequences if he chose to go with it.

Just can't believe what folk will do to get an early/less work.
:thumbdown
I won
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: mail integrity

Post by spiderj »

chrisj wrote:I still do not understand why you said 'one' of your guys asked a favour for his part of the park and loop...

Technically, there is no single part in a park and loop. the 2 posties are equally responsible for delivering all the mail including specials and signed for. And there is no driver or walker business either: the job just needs to be done.

Some specials are just letters and other could be as big as a TV; so they do not belong to one particular postie in a P&L partnership... :whistle
Its not his park and loop partner,it was a totally different duty which goes to the same town,an overlap.
I won
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: mail integrity

Post by NewPostieUK »

chrisj wrote: Technically, there is no single part in a park and loop - the 2 posties are equally responsible for delivering all the mail including specials and signed for. And there is no driver or walker business either: the job just needs to be done.
Not like that in my office. Duty 1 is the driver with his responsibilities, Duty 2 is the passenger. Duty 1 has time to van checks, shorter loops to give him time to do large packets and to leave what he's doing to get 1pm's done on time. That's how we were told park and loop works, and thats how we do it.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: mail integrity

Post by Glenno »

NewPostieUK wrote:
chrisj wrote: Technically, there is no single part in a park and loop - the 2 posties are equally responsible for delivering all the mail including specials and signed for. And there is no driver or walker business either: the job just needs to be done.
Not like that in my office. Duty 1 is the driver with his responsibilities, Duty 2 is the passenger. Duty 1 has time to van checks, shorter loops to give him time to do large packets and to leave what he's doing to get 1pm's done on time. That's how we were told park and loop works, and thats how we do it.
:thumbup :wave :wave
this is the exact procedure you should follow unless you want to be in the smelley stuff