Just got a few questions on a new contract.
So i started at RM 6 months ago and my contract was up on the 13/4. We have just gone through revision and my contract was upped from 20 to 30, I also lucked out in getting my own duty as all the other part timers hours were upped to FT so it made me the 2nd most senior 30 hour contact so i managed to get a PT round.
I received a letter about this change but nothing about my contract length. Spoke to the DOM and he's say's we all went perm as part of the revision. This is the letter i got last month.
Variation of contract of employment
With effect from 31/3/2014, your terms and conditions of employment with be varied due to a permanent change in your part time yours. Below are the details of your new terms.
Job Title Postman/Postwoman
Business Unit RM Letters
Substantive Grade OPG
Weekly Pay £344.93
Hours of attendance 30.00
A quick search showed Substantive Grade could mean permanent, can anyone confirm this?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Contract
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
Yep - permanent. You lucky sod, we are getting cut to 24 hours and being made permanent too. From 32.5 that's a big hit for me, there are a couple of 30 hours rounds in my office too and if I apply for one (didn't last time as 30 hours meant a 2.5 hrs. cut for me) and am successful I'll end up the same as you, and consider myself fortunate as opposed to 24....
-
joeyuk
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
Cool cheers for the reply. Yeah i've got very lucky this time round. We have guys who have been there 7/8 years who went from 30 to 39 but didn't get a duty but about 5 of us who jumped from saturday or 20 hr to 30 got a duty after only 6 months due to them needing PT dutys.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
You lucky bugger, I had the same letter but my hours have been reduced from 30 to 24.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
Congratulations Joe that is a good result for you.
Normally at the top of the Variation to Contract of Employment letter there's a small paragraph that normally says something like .."varied due to a permanent move from part-time to full time hours".
Or phone HR, their numbers on the back of your payslip, and ask them what records they've got on your contract. I personally would never trust anything unless you've seen it printed in Black & White (and then I'd make sure I kept a copy)
Always makes me laugh when I phone HR and they say, "Well really you should be speaking to your Line Manger as he's the one that should be able to tell you" Ha Ha Ha Which Dickhead do you think caused this cock up in the first place?
Or phone HR, their numbers on the back of your payslip, and ask them what records they've got on your contract. I personally would never trust anything unless you've seen it printed in Black & White (and then I'd make sure I kept a copy)
Always makes me laugh when I phone HR and they say, "Well really you should be speaking to your Line Manger as he's the one that should be able to tell you" Ha Ha Ha Which Dickhead do you think caused this cock up in the first place?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
joeyuk
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
Yeah going to call HR on Tuesday about it. Want to make sure it is perm, as i said the DOM said it is but i want it confirmed by HR as i take hat a manager says with a pinch of salt.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
2nd most senior after 6 months on 30 hours ,there's peeps in my office on 12 years service stuck on 26 hr floats not a duty in sightjoeyuk wrote:Just got a few questions on a new contract.
So i started at RM 6 months ago and my contract was up on the 13/4. We have just gone through revision and my contract was upped from 20 to 30, I also lucked out in getting my own duty as all the other part timers hours were upped to FT so it made me the 2nd most senior 30 hour contact so i managed to get a PT round.
I received a letter about this change but nothing about my contract length. Spoke to the DOM and he's say's we all went perm as part of the revision. This is the letter i got last month.
Variation of contract of employment
With effect from 31/3/2014, your terms and conditions of employment with be varied due to a permanent change in your part time yours. Below are the details of your new terms.
Job Title Postman/Postwoman
Business Unit RM Letters
Substantive Grade OPG
Weekly Pay £344.93
Hours of attendance 30.00
A quick search showed Substantive Grade could mean permanent, can anyone confirm this?
-
joeyuk
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
Yeah i know it's crazy. The revision helped me out big time. They created 9/10 new FT so all the 30 people who had been there years moved up and they filled those 30 with myself and a few others who started around the same time. There are others who have been there longer then myself but didn't move up to 30 hours for what ever reason.
-
darude
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 03 Jun 2007, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
I've just gone from full-time to part-time. I've just received my new contract to sign. Its says " your terms and conditions of employment will be varied due to permanent move from full-time to part-time hours". Yet it doesn't go on to say what the new terms and conditions are. I don't really want to sign what is a legal document. Without knowing what I'm signing for. Anyone know were I can get to see these terms a and conditions. Thanks.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: New Contract
i guess in our office we got lucky with the revision we ended up with 8 people going up to full time and all the part timers went to 30 hours. we have had issues with the revison meaning that a few rounds are virtually impossible to finish on time
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: New Contract
Even though mine have gone down from 30 to 24 on paper, I'm actually still doing 30 hours a week and just claiming for the extra 6. Obviously the only time I'll be getting paid for 24 is on leave. 