ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wage payment
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Wage payment
Just started this week and my first wage slip that came through shows as paying me 25hours but I only got a little over 182. This is wrong isn't it? thought we all started on 9.10
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wage payment
Its about right if you are on emergency tax - what is the code. Also any overtime is a week in hand.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Wage payment
Im not on emergency tax. that was my pre tax amount. my tax for this week came out of my other employee wages cause I got my final wage of them this week (holiday pay owed)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wage payment
Okay just checked back on your posts. You have been paid for 20 hours, which if you started on Tuesday is correct as you seem to be on a 25hour over 5 days contract. So they haven't paid you for Monday as your contract started on Tuesday, but that does mean you are probably owed a day in lieu for Friday.paul1231 wrote:Im not on emergency tax. that was my pre tax amount. my tax for this week came out of my other employee wages cause I got my final wage of them this week (holiday pay owed)
Any overtime from the induction should be paid next week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Wage payment
Ok thanks, filled some overtime in today so should get some next weekTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Okay just checked back on your posts. You have been paid for 20 hours, which if you started on Tuesday is correct as you seem to be on a 25hour over 5 days contract. So they haven't paid you for Monday as your contract started on Tuesday, but that does mean you are probably owed a day in lieu for Friday.paul1231 wrote:Im not on emergency tax. that was my pre tax amount. my tax for this week came out of my other employee wages cause I got my final wage of them this week (holiday pay owed)
Any overtime from the induction should be paid next week.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Wage payment
Write down all the hours you work in a notebook and make sure your OT is paid correctly.paul1231 wrote:
Ok thanks, filled some overtime in today so should get some next week