ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quiet week?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Quiet week?
Well, Tuesday finished walk at 11:40 including lapsing, beat my previous early finish (been postie 15 months) by 15 minutes. Today finished at 12:20, smashing my Weds. record by 35 minutes. No early start, but took break after delivery. DOM just let us go home afterwards, weren't sent out again.
I have noticed this before, when you get a nice weekend people aren't sitting inside ordering crap from feeBay etc. so the knock-on is a quiet week plus people away for Easter. Only 3 door-dustbins too after 7,6,7 in previous 3 weeks. I take it most of the rest have found it quiet too?
I have noticed this before, when you get a nice weekend people aren't sitting inside ordering crap from feeBay etc. so the knock-on is a quiet week plus people away for Easter. Only 3 door-dustbins too after 7,6,7 in previous 3 weeks. I take it most of the rest have found it quiet too?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Quiet week?
Nope heavy as feck but I am happy for you I really am!bustedflush wrote:Well, Tuesday finished walk at 11:40 including lapsing, beat my previous early finish (been postie 15 months) by 15 minutes. Today finished at 12:20, smashing my Weds. record by 35 minutes. No early start, but took break after delivery. DOM just let us go home afterwards, weren't sent out again.
I have noticed this before, when you get a nice weekend people aren't sitting inside ordering crap from feeBay etc. so the knock-on is a quiet week plus people away for Easter. Only 3 door-dustbins too after 7,6,7 in previous 3 weeks. I take it most of the rest have found it quiet too?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
Weird innit how mail volumes can fluctuate from one area to another for no apparent reason?
Even within the same office, it's more noticeable now with P&L... I often find that my walk can get hammered while my partners has far less or vice versa.
Even within the same office, it's more noticeable now with P&L... I often find that my walk can get hammered while my partners has far less or vice versa.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
Down here in Plymouth we're hammered with packets. Rather have it that way than be struggling for work, remember you can only have so many "early finishes" before management start restructuring to save costs.
-
pop it in pete
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 09 Jun 2007, 23:03
- Location: lazy town
Re: Quiet week?
Are you sure!bustedflush wrote:Well, Tuesday finished walk at 11:40 including lapsing, beat my previous early finish (been postie 15 months) by 15 minutes. Today finished at 12:20, smashing my Weds. record by 35 minutes. No early start, but took break after delivery. DOM just let us go home afterwards, weren't sent out again.
I have noticed this before, when you get a nice weekend people aren't sitting inside ordering crap from feeBay etc. so the knock-on is a quiet week plus people away for Easter. Only 3 door-dustbins too after 7,6,7 in previous 3 weeks. I take it most of the rest have found it quiet too?
Well done for creating a part time job in your office. Could you perhaps do that on a few more walks so that more hours can be taken out our office. Oh don't forget if you put a little more effort into it you may get two walks done for the price of one. What a star you are you must be very please with yourself i am sure the rest of the office will show their gratitude to you some time of other.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
Well said some people will never learnpop it in pete wrote:Are you sure!bustedflush wrote:Well, Tuesday finished walk at 11:40 including lapsing, beat my previous early finish (been postie 15 months) by 15 minutes. Today finished at 12:20, smashing my Weds. record by 35 minutes. No early start, but took break after delivery. DOM just let us go home afterwards, weren't sent out again.
I have noticed this before, when you get a nice weekend people aren't sitting inside ordering crap from feeBay etc. so the knock-on is a quiet week plus people away for Easter. Only 3 door-dustbins too after 7,6,7 in previous 3 weeks. I take it most of the rest have found it quiet too?
Well done for creating a part time job in your office. Could you perhaps do that on a few more walks so that more hours can be taken out our office. Oh don't forget if you put a little more effort into it you may get two walks done for the price of one. What a star you are you must be very please with yourself i am sure the rest of the office will show their gratitude to you some time of other.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
Oh please! I said we didn't come in early, yes admittedly we didn't have the 20 min break but that was because we had 1/3 of a round to do on docket afterwards and colleague wanted to get done asap. Today was just the same, 12:20 finish and we had the docket done by 13:00 as we took it with us and left office for home at 13:15. Plus I should mention the round I was covering on o/t (this week is my RWO) is only allocated as a 30-hours per week job anyway so I get 6.0 hours per day to work it. (so Pop it in Pete, it's already a p/t round....)
I was posting not to wind the 'do it to the book' people up, but being subjective about how quiet is was on our rounds, and gladly some people replied in the spirit intended saying that sometimes they can be busy and the partner's loop is quiet and vice-versa. There has been very few flats this week, mech is quiet and packets down a bit and only 4 or 5 large van parcels between the 2 of us each day. Just sayin'
I was just interested to see where else was as quiet as we have been.
I was posting not to wind the 'do it to the book' people up, but being subjective about how quiet is was on our rounds, and gladly some people replied in the spirit intended saying that sometimes they can be busy and the partner's loop is quiet and vice-versa. There has been very few flats this week, mech is quiet and packets down a bit and only 4 or 5 large van parcels between the 2 of us each day. Just sayin'
I was just interested to see where else was as quiet as we have been.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Quiet week?
even Tuesday this week was like a Thursday for us.
I am hoping that it may lead to a little easier Saturday but I won't hold my breath, Easter sat in normally heavy.
oh and 7 d2d's on a short week and the same again next week,
I am hoping that it may lead to a little easier Saturday but I won't hold my breath, Easter sat in normally heavy.
oh and 7 d2d's on a short week and the same again next week,
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Quiet week?
Tuesday was dead, Monday and Wednesday rammed. Saturday is already a banger.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
geordie04
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
Give your self a blue peter badge
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Quiet week?
You smashed you're Wednesday record,,,this is the postman of the future guys ,,shakes my head
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Quiet week?
Actually you are right.Chelseablue wrote:You smashed your Wednesday record,,,this is the postman of the future guys ,,shakes my head
I think TNT operate a "best boy" scenario where the time taken by the quickest worker is the time allocated to the duty.
But that aside. If the original poster didn't have any more work, what is he supposed to do?
Do you go to work and do an honest days work for an honest days pay or do you hang it out to make it look like you are working?
No wonder they want to track us by our PDAs if that is how people behave.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
Well He might try taking His break when He is meant to 
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
bustedflush wrote:Well, Tuesday finished walk at 11:40 including lapsing, beat my previous early finish (been postie 15 months) by 15 minutes. Today finished at 12:20, smashing my Weds. record by 35 minutes. No early start, but took break after delivery. DOM just let us go home afterwards, weren't sent out again.
I have noticed this before, when you get a nice weekend people aren't sitting inside ordering crap from feeBay etc. so the knock-on is a quiet week plus people away for Easter. Only 3 door-dustbins too after 7,6,7 in previous 3 weeks. I take it most of the rest have found it quiet too?
Bloody slow down it's not a race for god sake smashed weds record are you usian bolt or mo farrah
-
AnotherLimey
- Posts: 751
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet week?
Bring on the PDA tracking, nothing to hide here, in on time, break when scheduled, use the LWT on all loops and full use of both bags, no door stepping or other sillyness, i doubt the OP does all or most of the above, so to answer you question....he should do what i do and what every postman should do to protect what we have, no going slow or taking the piss, just doing the job as it's planned to be done.clashcityrocker wrote:Actually you are right.Chelseablue wrote:You smashed your Wednesday record,,,this is the postman of the future guys ,,shakes my head
I think TNT operate a "best boy" scenario where the time taken by the quickest worker is the time allocated to the duty.
But that aside. If the original poster didn't have any more work, what is he supposed to do?
Do you go to work and do an honest days work for an honest days pay or do you hang it out to make it look like you are working?
No wonder they want to track us by our PDAs if that is how people behave.