ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Polling card payments covering another walk
-
billy44
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 09:12
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments covering another walk
I did a full walk last week on overtime and in parts of it were polling cards.
Not sure exactly how many I delivered but I wondered how it works with getting paid for them?
Do I just fill out a form and estimate how many I think I delivered?
Also,what if the regular postie had already filled a form out?
Would they query the payments if they saw 2 separate ones for the same walk?
Before you say that I should have counted them, all the mail was bagged up and til I started my first loop I hadn't realised they were in the mail?
Not sure exactly how many I delivered but I wondered how it works with getting paid for them?
Do I just fill out a form and estimate how many I think I delivered?
Also,what if the regular postie had already filled a form out?
Would they query the payments if they saw 2 separate ones for the same walk?
Before you say that I should have counted them, all the mail was bagged up and til I started my first loop I hadn't realised they were in the mail?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
billy44 wrote:I did a full walk last week on overtime and in parts of it were polling cards.
Not sure exactly how many I delivered but I wondered how it works with getting paid for them?
Do I just fill out a form and estimate how many I think I delivered?
Also,what if the regular postie had already filled a form out?
Would they query the payments if they saw 2 separate ones for the same walk?
Before you say that I should have counted them, all the mail was bagged up and til I started my first loop I hadn't realised they were in the mail?
Best thing to do is because you didn't count them ask your manager what you should do, but have your rep there for back up incase his solution is unreasonable
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
i'd estimate without taking the pi55.
we had our instructions today and told we must count them
usually we've always counted 2.5 times the delivery points which was profitable
obviously privatization has found its way to these quickly, come the next general general election they'll be just standard mail, or another company delivering them
we had our instructions today and told we must count them
usually we've always counted 2.5 times the delivery points which was profitable
obviously privatization has found its way to these quickly, come the next general general election they'll be just standard mail, or another company delivering them
-
the deliverer
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 14 May 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
Our EU election polling cards came through the door tonight bearing a "Delivered by hand" marking. No idea who was delivering them. Maybe the local council are sending people out with the cards. Doesn't seem right to me. Can see cards going astray and no accountability.come the next general general election they'll be just standard mail, or another company delivering them
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
What's the payment for polling cards? 3 p , 6. P ?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
Price varies, its a price that's been agreed locally, upto 6p per itemsgt,rock wrote:6p each
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
Different amount for every office - the formula is http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... on#p639048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Chelseablue wrote:What's the payment for polling cards? 3 p , 6. P ?
4) Payments
All existing local payments covering the delivery of election material as stated in paragraph 2 above will remain in place, and in accordance with this agreement, with the following exceptions.
1. The minimum payment for delivering election material will be 3p per item.
2. The maximum payment for delivering election material will be 6.6p per item.
3. All hours based schemes will be converted to pence per item schemes and then the criteria in 1 and 2 above will be applied. Where delivery offices have introduced a SDD revision since the last delivery of election material then the following formula will be applied prior to the criteria in 1 and 2 above being applied.
Previous no. Walks X O/T hours per walk e.g. 35 X 2 hrs hours = 3.5hrs
Current no. of Walks 20
4. In those Units where there are two payments e.g. 4.5p for the first three parties and 1.67p for additional parties the minimum payment will become 3p with any payments over this amount being retained.
5. In those Units where there is a mixture of hours and pence per item based payments the process in 4) 3. above will be followed for the hours based element, with the process in 4) 4. above then being applied.
Where election material items exceed 20g in weight a further 0.5p will be payable.
These revised payments apply from the date of this agreement and cover all election material as identified above. They are payable on an individual basis, and are not affected by any collective criteria/responsibility.
l
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
Isn't it about time they harmonised these payments?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
the deliverer wrote:Our EU election polling cards came through the door tonight bearing a "Delivered by hand" marking. No idea who was delivering them. Maybe the local council are sending people out with the cards. Doesn't seem right to me. Can see cards going astray and no accountability.come the next general general election they'll be just standard mail, or another company delivering them
Like someone else deliver the polling cards the politicians should deliver them
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
Its normally friends of the local council. My sister used to do it and was 20p a card.PHARRY wrote:the deliverer wrote:Our EU election polling cards came through the door tonight bearing a "Delivered by hand" marking. No idea who was delivering them. Maybe the local council are sending people out with the cards. Doesn't seem right to me. Can see cards going astray and no accountability.come the next general general election they'll be just standard mail, or another company delivering them
Like someone else deliver the polling cards the politicians should deliver them
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
Long overdue. We only got 3.5p for years and it was info found on here that helped us fight for 6p, and winclashcityrocker wrote:Isn't it about time they harmonised these payments?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Polling card payments covering another walk
Whys it not the same payment across the board? If we're getting a lot less can you do anything about it?