ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D Prep

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
buchanpeter
Posts: 114
Joined: 06 Apr 2013, 20:52
Gender: Male

D2D Prep

Post by buchanpeter »

Does anyone have the very detailed PDF file explaining how to sort D2D into the frame?
Having issues in the office about when D2D are supposed to be sorted.
I stated that its meant to be sorted after normal mail has been prep'd
DOM was not happy that i said that and wants proof that its meant to be sorted that way.

Current system is D2D come in Fri/sat fold them up when we've come back from delivery and ppl sort them in the frame saturday.
Ready for monday....
in otherwords the D2D are in before the mail is...
Some ppl just take them out in bundles.

also we do 1/5 a day....20%
broughts
Posts: 334
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

Re: D2D Prep

Post by broughts »

U can throw in your d2ds whenever u want when prepping after all they are postal items just un addressed,1/6 th a day is usual as work 6 days a wk or the national agreement says as long as they are completed by end of week the duty holder can do them as they like
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: D2D Prep

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cwumerseyamal.org.uk/Introdu ... elines.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
buchanpeter
Posts: 114
Joined: 06 Apr 2013, 20:52
Gender: Male

Re: D2D Prep

Post by buchanpeter »

this is just a quote from that agreement you posted up.

"D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address
mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for
missorts or late arrivals."

so this means nothing then? and if it does....why bother stating it in the agreement?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: D2D Prep

Post by clashcityrocker »

buchanpeter wrote:this is just a quote from that agreement you posted up.

"D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address
mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for
missorts or late arrivals."

so this means nothing then? and if it does....why bother stating it in the agreement?
Such is the beauty of the agreement.
Do this ....unless you do something else.......

In an ideal world, the D2D are prepped last because otherwise they get in the way of the sequenced mail. And there is no point investing in machines to sequence the mail if you can't prep quicker.
But we don't live in an ideal world and it doesn't make sense to stand around doing nothing waiting for the second wave. So you can throw your D2D in then if need be.
Or when you come back from delivery and have some time to kill and get them in for the next day .......even though that defeats the object of having sequenced mail.....
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: D2D Prep

Post by deltaforce »

But, you will struggle to achieve d2d prep times with a frame stuffed with mail.
A case of dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: D2D Prep

Post by comeracing »

I put my door to doors in,then my flats to the left of these then my trays of mail to the left of them,so easier when your on delivery PREPERATION is the key folks :thumbup
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: D2D Prep

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

comeracing wrote:I put my door to doors in,then my flats to the left of these then my trays of mail to the left of them,so easier when your on delivery PREPERATION is the key folks :thumbup
ditto
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: D2D Prep

Post by DB1100 »

comeracing wrote:I put my door to doors in,then my flats to the left of these then my trays of mail to the left of them,so easier when your on delivery PREPERATION is the key folks :thumbup
I'm pleased for you,I get whatever a fulltimer can be arsed to do,I used to fold the corner down on those windowed flats so the address could always be read,now I even get torn birthday cards prepped for me.
For we were soldiers once,and young
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: D2D Prep

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DB1100 wrote:
comeracing wrote:I put my door to doors in,then my flats to the left of these then my trays of mail to the left of them,so easier when your on delivery PREPERATION is the key folks :thumbup
I'm pleased for you,I get whatever a fulltimer can be arsed to do,I used to fold the corner down on those windowed flats so the address could always be read,now I even get torn birthday cards prepped for me.
as do I even though I am FT - I take out a handful of damage bags for such situations.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: D2D Prep

Post by arnold cheshire »

comeracing wrote:I put my door to doors in,then my flats to the left of these then my trays of mail to the left of them,so easier when your on delivery PREPERATION is the key folks :thumbup
only ok if you have single slot fittings per house :thumbup
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: D2D Prep

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
comeracing wrote:I put my door to doors in,then my flats to the left of these then my trays of mail to the left of them,so easier when your on delivery PREPERATION is the key folks :thumbup
only ok if you have single slot fittings per house :thumbup
No - just slower

660 DPs on a 560 slot frame :wave
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: D2D Prep

Post by DB1100 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
comeracing wrote:I put my door to doors in,then my flats to the left of these then my trays of mail to the left of them,so easier when your on delivery PREPERATION is the key folks :thumbup
I'm pleased for you,I get whatever a fulltimer can be arsed to do,I used to fold the corner down on those windowed flats so the address could always be read,now I even get torn birthday cards prepped for me.
as do I even though I am FT - I take out a handful of damage bags for such situations.
What happens when you get stopped by I.B,in todays climate aren't you taking a big risk,I've been stopped a couple of times and they've searched my delivery pouch,I am not a thief but how would I explain those away and are they likely to believe me if somebody on my walk has complained about missing post.
For we were soldiers once,and young
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D Prep

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:In an ideal world, the D2D are prepped last .....
Royal Mail are moving away from this idea due to their resourcing to demand plan and double/triple prepping.
It is more efficient in their eyes to have a prepper doing the "unskilled" part of the prep work (D2D and sequenced) on two or three deliveries than faffing about with a blank look on their face with the manual mail so the idea is that the D2D is prepped first, then sequenced, then the manual by the duty holder.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: D2D Prep

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DB1100 wrote: What happens when you get stopped by I.B,in todays climate aren't you taking a big risk,I've been stopped a couple of times and they've searched my delivery pouch,I am not a thief but how would I explain those away and are they likely to believe me if somebody on my walk has complained about missing post.
No risk, or rather very little risk. Mainly because our manager recommended it in a WTL session after getting complaints from pre-prepped duties of items arriving damaged and not in bag. Also having damage bags in your pouch for items damaged whilst on delivery seems reasonable to me, and I would hope the IB doing a bag check as part of a patrol.

Now if someone on my delivery was complaining about damaged items arriving, or indeed any delivery, then the investigating officer would need more proof than the say so of a customer, and "evidence" of damage bags to take it any further. They need reasonable proof that it was you who damaged the item on purpose for criminal reasons, the only way they can do that is to have some way of tracking the item (RFID, marked mail etc) and finding direct corroborative evidence on your person, your belongings or places you have access to.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.