ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Work topless?
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Work topless?
Are we allowed to work with our tops off when its hot? (men) Ive got a great body and alot of women compliment it when they answer the door, would love to give them a free gun show and top up my tan.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Work topless?
I would say not.
It is a H&S risk (you could get sun stroke).
If someone complains (and lets be fair, there is usually one), you could end up being disciplined. It could be seen as inappropriate behaviour/bringing the company into disrepute etc.
I'm sure most of the ladies (and one or two men!) would enjoy it, but maybe not everyone.
It is a H&S risk (you could get sun stroke).
If someone complains (and lets be fair, there is usually one), you could end up being disciplined. It could be seen as inappropriate behaviour/bringing the company into disrepute etc.
I'm sure most of the ladies (and one or two men!) would enjoy it, but maybe not everyone.
Last edited by UnhappyGremlin on 18 Apr 2014, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Work topless?
No being shirtless is against the Uniform policy http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Royal_Mail_Unif ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moderator Mode: 1 Post deleted as it was against the rules.always wear your uniform on duty -
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
I saw one of my colleagues with just a hi vis on last summer( and shorts obviously),I thought good idea!
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
Though It might increase your chances of getting invited in for more than just coffee 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
No worries there mate, most intelligent women realise a gun show is just compensation for smaller assets elsewhere.trevjim wrote:Are we allowed to work with our tops off when its hot? (men) Ive got a great body and alot of women compliment it when they answer the door, would love to give them a free gun show and top up my tan.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
trevjim wrote:Are we allowed to work with our tops off when its hot? (men) Ive got a great body and alot of women compliment it when they answer the door, would love to give them a free gun show and top up my tan.
Talk about being vain
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Work topless?
You work for ROYAL MAIL not the Chippendales or some rinky dink sweatshop. Also, having an attitude like that will win you no friends. Comes off as a bit arsehole-y.trevjim wrote:Are we allowed to work with our tops off when its hot? (men) Ive got a great body and alot of women compliment it when they answer the door, would love to give them a free gun show and top up my tan.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
If it's really hot then I would consider wearing just a hi-vis.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Work topless?
with no shorts or shoes ?norm wrote:If it's really hot then I would consider wearing just a hi-vis.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
Just hanging guybringon4dayweeks wrote:with no shorts or shoes ?norm wrote:If it's really hot then I would consider wearing just a hi-vis.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
or just hanging outdvbuk55 wrote:Just hanging guybringon4dayweeks wrote:with no shorts or shoes ?norm wrote:If it's really hot then I would consider wearing just a hi-vis.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
Only if he's wearing a thong back to frontaiden01 wrote:or just hanging outdvbuk55 wrote:Just hanging guybringon4dayweeks wrote:with no shorts or shoes ?norm wrote:If it's really hot then I would consider wearing just a hi-vis.to the left or right
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Work topless?
loldvbuk55 wrote:Only if he's wearing a thong back to frontaiden01 wrote:or just hanging outdvbuk55 wrote:Just hanging guybringon4dayweeks wrote:with no shorts or shoes ?norm wrote:If it's really hot then I would consider wearing just a hi-vis.to the left or right
and even then nobody noticed
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Work topless?
one of our guys got told off for wearing short shortstrevjim wrote:Are we allowed to work with our tops off when its hot? (men) Ive got a great body and alot of women compliment it when they answer the door, would love to give them a free gun show and top up my tan.