ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

overtime

Post by terry2972 »

I am fairly new to this game and my question my sound a bit silly but is there always overtime going as for the last 7 weeks I have ended up working full time hours practically on a 27.5 hr contract
many thanks
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

terry2972 wrote:I am fairly new to this game and my question my sound a bit silly but is there always overtime going as for the last 7 weeks I have ended up working full time hours practically on a 27.5 hr contract
many thanks
depends on your office so impossible to give a definitive answer, best to ask the guys in your DO, some offices always have OT going some never have any
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by aiden01 »

terry2972 wrote:I am fairly new to this game and my question my sound a bit silly but is there always overtime going as for the last 7 weeks I have ended up working full time hours practically on a 27.5 hr contract
many thanks
make hay while the sun shines mate you might not have a job soon with the way things are going :hmmmm
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by terry2972 »

That's very true fingers crossed
new2me
Posts: 104
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by new2me »

It's not a silly question Terry. The silly thing is to do it and trust that you are getting paid for it. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR WAGES!
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by terry2972 »

I do nearly every week it's short I just go into office with my dates with times and duties preformed and then it's paid the following week. It's a bit of a pain but if I have worked I expect to be paid
Dalelad
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 62
Joined: 09 May 2013, 21:10
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Dalelad »

I got 64 hours in last week and im on a 24 hour contract. Hopefully there will be plenty more O/T to come with the upcoming VR's. Theres 15 full timers taking it at my office.
Last edited by Dalelad on 11 Apr 2014, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: overtime

Post by spiderj »

Dalelad wrote:I got 64 hours in last week and im on a 24 hour contract. Mind you, with a bit of speed marching and a tail wind, I only worked 44. Hopefully there will be plenty more O/T to come with the upcoming VR's. Theres 15 full timers taking it at my office.
Seriously,check what you typed :wave
I won
Dalelad
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 62
Joined: 09 May 2013, 21:10
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Dalelad »

Edited :thumbup
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: overtime

Post by maisymoo04 »

terry2972 wrote:I am fairly new to this game and my question my sound a bit silly but is there always overtime going as for the last 7 weeks I have ended up working full time hours practically on a 27.5 hr contract
many thanks
No
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by datasaint »

Plenty OT on offer. Hard part is getting paid your correct hours.