ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Commsave Problems?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Commsave Problems?

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

Has anyone else been having problems trying to withdraw money from thier savings account? I've been trying for a week now and still no luck?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by arnold cheshire »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:Has anyone else been having problems trying to withdraw money from thier savings account? I've been trying for a week now and still no luck?
do you have a loan with them ?
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

I did have a loan, but its all been paid off months ago?
LukeyBoy
Posts: 47
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by LukeyBoy »

No problems here.Although the last couple of times I haven't received confirmation through e-mail like usuall,but the money has been transferred to my bank.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by redneck »

No problems for me, just withdrew holiday money, request was received and money delivered within 48 hours.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by arnold cheshire »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:Has anyone else been having problems trying to withdraw money from thier savings account? I've been trying for a week now and still no luck?
if it was taking that long did you phone them up ? :thumbup
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by Sergeant Blast »

Not impressed with them at all. I got the blue acorn isa with them, this apparently has now been withdrawn for new savers. I wanted to know the current interest rate but they couldn't tell me. They said it would be about 2% but it wouldn't be confirmed until towards the end of the tax year 2015! How can anybody make financial decisions on that basis?!?
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by maximus12 »

Sergeant Blast wrote:Not impressed with them at all. I got the blue acorn isa with them, this apparently has now been withdrawn for new savers. I wanted to know the current interest rate but they couldn't tell me. They said it would be about 2% but it wouldn't be confirmed until towards the end of the tax year 2015! How can anybody make financial decisions on that basis?!?
Someone correct me if im wrong but I think it's because it's not an interest rate it's a dividend so won't be know by the company until just before it's paid. I wanted the isa myself but it was withdrawn just as I was about to apply!
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by Sergeant Blast »

maximus12 wrote:
Sergeant Blast wrote:Not impressed with them at all. I got the blue acorn isa with them, this apparently has now been withdrawn for new savers. I wanted to know the current interest rate but they couldn't tell me. They said it would be about 2% but it wouldn't be confirmed until towards the end of the tax year 2015! How can anybody make financial decisions on that basis?!?
Someone correct me if im wrong but I think it's because it's not an interest rate it's a dividend so won't be know by the company until just before it's paid. I wanted the isa myself but it was withdrawn just as I was about to apply!
You may be right but how are you going to attract and keep savers without a known rate. I don't want to risk the rate being low when I could have got a better rate elsewhere. Penny Post's ISA is 2.25% but they don't accept transfers so not ideal either.
gedgriffo
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Sep 2012, 10:17
Gender: Male

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by gedgriffo »

I had a letter off commsave telling me i would recieve my 2013/14 interest on April 6th and next years interest for the ISA would be 2%
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: Commsave Problems?

Post by Sergeant Blast »

gedgriffo wrote:I had a letter off commsave telling me i would recieve my 2013/14 interest on April 6th and next years interest for the ISA would be 2%
Yes I received that letter too. However they now tell me that the 2% is just an estimate.