ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why no news on windows Xp?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

Why no news on windows Xp?

Post by El-Bandito »

Support for Windows XP operating system ends today 8th April 2014. Why has RM not made ANY statement regarding this security issue? I am certain that the majority of Delivery posties that use PDA's on delivery have the WinXp software. Microsoft have ended ALL security updates for WinXP ,as of, today. So what is RM doing about this possible serious breach of security?
mw7485
Posts: 123
Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
Gender: Female

Re: Why no news on windows Xp?

Post by mw7485 »

El-Bandito wrote:Support for Windows XP operating system ends today 8th April 2014. Why has RM not made ANY statement regarding this security issue? I am certain that the majority of Delivery posties that use PDA's on delivery have the WinXp software. Microsoft have ended ALL security updates for WinXP ,as of, today. So what is RM doing about this possible serious breach of security?

Our PDAs use windows CE, not Windows XP. :chuckle
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Why no news on windows Xp?

Post by Himaggen »

Don't panic, your PDA does not use Windows XP.

The Intermec CN3 series uses one of the following Operating Systems:
  1. Windows CE 5.0 - extended support for which ends 14/10/2014
    or
  2. Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC - extended support for which ends 13/10/2015
houseoflords
Posts: 352
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
Gender: Male

Re: Why no news on windows Xp?

Post by houseoflords »

There you go Crisis over phew!!!! Was just gonna email Moya too.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Why no news on windows Xp?

Post by Nigel1505 »

I'll sleep soundly now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'd hate for my PDA to let me down. :funneh :funneh
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Why no news on windows Xp?

Post by rhino49 »

Nigel1505 wrote:I'll sleep soundly now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'd hate for my PDA to let me down. :funneh :funneh
do you mean "Any more than usual"?
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Why no news on windows Xp?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nigel1505 wrote:I'll sleep soundly now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'd hate for my PDA to let me down. :funneh :funneh
click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.