ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why no news on windows Xp?
-
El-Bandito
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Why no news on windows Xp?
Support for Windows XP operating system ends today 8th April 2014. Why has RM not made ANY statement regarding this security issue? I am certain that the majority of Delivery posties that use PDA's on delivery have the WinXp software. Microsoft have ended ALL security updates for WinXP ,as of, today. So what is RM doing about this possible serious breach of security?
-
mw7485
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
- Gender: Female
Re: Why no news on windows Xp?
El-Bandito wrote:Support for Windows XP operating system ends today 8th April 2014. Why has RM not made ANY statement regarding this security issue? I am certain that the majority of Delivery posties that use PDA's on delivery have the WinXp software. Microsoft have ended ALL security updates for WinXP ,as of, today. So what is RM doing about this possible serious breach of security?
Our PDAs use windows CE, not Windows XP.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Why no news on windows Xp?
Don't panic, your PDA does not use Windows XP.
The Intermec CN3 series uses one of the following Operating Systems:
The Intermec CN3 series uses one of the following Operating Systems:
- Windows CE 5.0 - extended support for which ends 14/10/2014
or - Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC - extended support for which ends 13/10/2015
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Why no news on windows Xp?
There you go Crisis over phew!!!! Was just gonna email Moya too.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Why no news on windows Xp?
I'll sleep soundly now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'd hate for my PDA to let me down.

-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Why no news on windows Xp?
do you mean "Any more than usual"?Nigel1505 wrote:I'll sleep soundly now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'd hate for my PDA to let me down.![]()
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Why no news on windows Xp?
click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click,Nigel1505 wrote:I'll sleep soundly now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'd hate for my PDA to let me down.![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.