ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Losing a special 1pm letter
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Losing a special 1pm letter
Well I nearly did. Luckily I found it, but today I had 5 specials and had written their locations down. I was on a firm duty and id put all the specials together. When I got to the one firm that had a special it just wasnt there. It was 12 oclock and looked everywhere. I phoned the office and told them id misplaced it and was told just to carry on and check through each letter. 30mins later it turned up under a tray which must have moved in the van,total relief but for 30mins I was thinking what a punishment would be. Its a lesson learned,luckily no harm done.
Has anyone lost a special and what is the punishment? A warning I presume.
Ps a postman yesterday left his pda on a doorstep and its still lost. Nothing happened to him.
Has anyone lost a special and what is the punishment? A warning I presume.
Ps a postman yesterday left his pda on a doorstep and its still lost. Nothing happened to him.
-
framusjsx
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
its happened to me before, - on xmas eve of all days :( luckily it turned up and the customer didnt make a complaint but i believe the punishment would be a year or 2 years probation/serious type thing
-
human1
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
Once I left my PDA on the top of letter box .... this was last collection point ... went back to office , no PDA ... went back after 40 minutes and there I could see little black box beauty from my van ... on top of letter box. What a beautiull sight.Ahh !!
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
For losing a special would expect punishment to be a " serious Warning" with 2 years on your record if clear. If there is still running penalties on record would expect 2 years suspended dismissal. 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
Or if they didn't like you or simply wanted to reduce the headcount in the office - dismissal.rehabron wrote:For losing a special would expect punishment to be a " serious Warning" with 2 years on your record if clear. If there is still running penalties on record would expect 2 years suspended dismissal.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
it can happen to the best. last year I noticed a black folder on a customers hedge adjacent to a busy road, being inquisitive type I picked it up to see what it was only to find it belonged to our local police force and full off speeding tickets from a radar trap that had been there all morning, being the decent law abiding motorist that I am I was just about to " make it disappear " when a customer calls out from his house 'whats that then'. so i called the plod who duly despatched a young red faced WPC to pick it up.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
Very true. About three years ago a postie with 25 years in our office got sacked for losing a specialclashcityrocker wrote:Or if they didn't like you or simply wanted to reduce the headcount in the office - dismissal.rehabron wrote:For losing a special would expect punishment to be a " serious Warning" with 2 years on your record if clear. If there is still running penalties on record would expect 2 years suspended dismissal.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
saddlerposty wrote:it can happen to the best. last year I noticed a black folder on a customers hedge adjacent to a busy road, being inquisitive type I picked it up to see what it was only to find it belonged to our local police force and full off speeding tickets from a radar trap that had been there all morning, being the decent law abiding motorist that I am I was just about to " make it disappear " when a customer calls out from his house 'whats that then'. so i called the plod who duly despatched a young red faced WPC to pick it up.
oh so close... but as they say "No cigar"... I bet you were cussing at the time too. lol
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
Was it his 1st offence?hampshireman wrote:clashcityrocker wrote: Very true. About three years ago a postie with 25 years in our office got sacked for losing a special
-
Craig_Fairbrass
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 11:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
I used to put my specials (letters at least) into a meter pouch, kept them all in the same place to avoid any incidents like this.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
I took one late to a business who opens after 1 and had no problem with their specials getting there after 1 so long as they get there that day.
A week later the dom asked why did you scan a special late? I gave him an excuse and he said we must scan it as undelivered before 1 , then you can go back later.
Also i'd rather get them all delivered as when you take them back , they are prone to be taken by anyone as they are not looked after, and it's me that would be questioned first
A week later the dom asked why did you scan a special late? I gave him an excuse and he said we must scan it as undelivered before 1 , then you can go back later.
Also i'd rather get them all delivered as when you take them back , they are prone to be taken by anyone as they are not looked after, and it's me that would be questioned first
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
Fair point that. I guess you shouldn't take them off your person till you see them being scanned back in to the office.5plusbonusball wrote:they are prone to be taken by anyone as they are not looked after, and it's me that would be questioned first
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing a special 1pm letter
the DOM is half right, you should attempt delivery before 1pm, however I dont think you should have to go back and deliver it again because the business isnt open yet unless they have a paid for timed delivery.5plusbonusball wrote:I took one late to a business who opens after 1 and had no problem with their specials getting there after 1 so long as they get there that day.
A week later the dom asked why did you scan a special late? I gave him an excuse and he said we must scan it as undelivered before 1 , then you can go back later.
Also i'd rather get them all delivered as when you take them back , they are prone to be taken by anyone as they are not looked after, and it's me that would be questioned first :mad