ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

smile ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

smile ?

Post by comeracing »

don't know about you other guys,but on a personnel leval I purchased 8 grands worth of rm shares,i sold in January at £5.63 a share so as you can imagine I made a very nice profit,i work in quite a small office,alot of staff were a bit jealous,but I did tell many buy as many shares as you can afford,but most never listened.but what makes me still smile to this day is I was having a casual chat to the dom one day ,he started bragging to me ive bought 5 grands worth of shares,i replied oh right,he said did you bother I said yes I bought 8 grands worth,you should have seen his face,as we all know shares have dipped big time of late and the doms still not sold his,when we get our shares after a minimum of 3 years I will be just happy to get a couple of grand back,any of you other guys bought any shares. :nana :nana :thumbup :thumbup :Applause :Applause :wink: :wink:
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: smile ?

Post by pinstripe »

No. I work to pay my bills and provide for my family. I have no money left to save or invest £8k in shares of a company that should have remained in public ownership.

When I can eventually get to cash in my (pro-rata) shares they'll probably be worth next to nothing, especially when you have 150,000 people all dumping theirs at the same time.

Although it's not all bad, I did actually manage to finish my duty 30 minutes early today!!! S***W You Royal Mail! How do you like them apples?!
VforVendetta
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Oct 2013, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: smile ?

Post by VforVendetta »

Could have. Didn't because I didn't and don't agree with it. It Did not feel right to make a profit out of the upcoming job loss and pain and misery of thousands of hard working people. Simple decision really.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: smile ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

comeracing wrote:don't know about you other guys,but on a personnel leval I purchased 8 grands worth of rm shares,i sold in January at £5.63 a share so as you can imagine I made a very nice profit,i work in quite a small office,alot of staff were a bit jealous,but I did tell many buy as many shares as you can afford,but most never listened.but what makes me still smile to this day is I was having a casual chat to the dom one day ,he started bragging to me ive bought 5 grands worth of shares,i replied oh right,he said did you bother I said yes I bought 8 grands worth,you should have seen his face,as we all know shares have dipped big time of late and the doms still not sold his,when we get our shares after a minimum of 3 years I will be just happy to get a couple of grand back,any of you other guys bought any shares. :nana :nana :thumbup :thumbup :Applause :Applause :wink: :wink:
If that's what's important in life to you :shock: well done :crazy:
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: smile ?

Post by wacko74 »

Shares can go up as well as down you know... maybe your DOM might end up having the last laugh.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: smile ?

Post by korky »

fair play to you, why should all the fat cats make a fast buck, i know employees of other companies that got floated made a decent profit,
i didn't have savings to buy 1 share never mind 8k worth!
i'll be happy if i get a holiday if/when i cash mine in, probably have to buy the sun newspaper for a week :left:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: smile ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

1 post deleted. Just because you disagree with what he posted, or you had no sarcastic response, is no reason to break the rules
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
farstrider
Posts: 41
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
Gender: Male

Re: smile ?

Post by farstrider »

Bought a few grands worth on the float day an maxed out on shares i could get through rm.sold most at 570+ an have the free ones an 10k left .