Hi bit of help and advice required please.
I am a floater on 1 in 6 weeks which i started last week, so basically i cover the week off for everybody else. Prior to this i was just a reserve, who usually ended up on the worst jobs in the office. My 5 jobs i am down to cover are ok jobs, so was quite happy when i saw the jobs they wanted me to cover. But knew it was to good to be true which brings me to the problem.
I am informed on returning to the office today somebody has gone sick, and I am needed to cover possibly one of two jobs. The person whose week it is off, (not the person who is sick the person I should originally be covering) is coming in to do the job i should be on. The two jobs that i could end up on one is ok, the other is a horrible job that I don't want to cover. But I could end up on it if a second person doesn't want to work there day off.
What I want to know is were do I stand can they move me off my rota job, or should the person whose week it is off be made to move jobs. And for future reference where do I stand if I am covering a rota job and the person whos week it is off chooses to work over time? is it me or them who should be made to move?
Thanks bit sick of being moved it always seems to be me that gets moved about that's why i took this rota to stop being screwed around
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
covering sick on a diffrent job
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: covering sick on a diffrent job
We all have had our share of doing "the worst jobs in the office" and as a floater you're all the more likely to end up on "a horrible job". 
-
edgearsenal
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: covering sick on a diffrent job
yeah but shouldn't it be the reserves messed about before the floaters and ive had two and a half years of s**t jobs
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: covering sick on a diffrent job
None of us should be "messed about" but we come to work for so many hours a week and can no more expect to pick and choose what work we do or don't do within those hours than we can say we don't want to go out on delivery when it's raining. 
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: covering sick on a diffrent job
Suck it up buttercup........
Or you could tell your lino its unfair?

Or you could tell your lino its unfair?
I won