ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by jack »

http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Royal-Mail/ ... 80&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have been reading through some of these reviews and it seems royal mail isn't such a bad place to work after all ;liar
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by daveyeff »

jack wrote:http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Royal-Mail/ ... 80&lang=en

I have been reading through some of these reviews and it seems royal mail isn't such a bad place to work after all ;liar
are those reviews from the courier :Very Happy
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by worktotime »

daveyeff wrote:
jack wrote:http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Royal-Mail/ ... 80&lang=en

I have been reading through some of these reviews and it seems royal mail isn't such a bad place to work after all ;liar
are those reviews from the courier :Very Happy
ive never seen so much s**t in my life.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by DirtyHarry »

I bet they're druggies.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by scoobydo79 »

Hmmm nearly all comments are by former employees not current :hmmmm
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by noggin1969 »

I see Newark D.O got a rave review :left:
Postman/ Driver (Current Employee), Newark – January 11, 2013
Pros: good hourly rate
Cons: long hours ... very poor life balance ..rude bullying managers no chance to progress .......!!
I work (Until I get a better job!! ) at the Newark sorting/ delivery office and it is a dreadful place to work !!!... long hours , O/T is mostly unpaid
Managers are just bullies and treat and speak to the staff like idiots ( Most have never even been Postman/Woman )
The DOM at Newark is a rude bully and treats and speaks to all staff including her little minion managers like dirt!!
Routes designed under the new system which started in Sept 2012 are impossible to complete and if you are soft enough to let the managers beat you down you will spend your entire shift running around your route working through you lunch break and working up to one hour or longer over which you have to fight with the DOM to get paid for!!!
Shocking ..shocking company to work for ..

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! – less
beezet
Posts: 93
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by beezet »

What assylum did they get these people from :crazy:
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Post by jack »

beezet wrote:What assylum did they get these people from :crazy:
I must admit I found it quite shocking...even at times I found myself questioning my own sanity in reading some of the pro royal mail comments such as below-
Mail Sorter (Current Employee), London, ENG – August 14, 2013



Pros: extra minutes of break in typical day

Cons: long hours



Management is very cooperative if work is too much :left: . I get knowledge of the different postcode. I always tried my best if there is a lot of work. My co-worker is always helpful.

Was this review helpful? Yes (4) – No
I think some ones having a giraffe :crazy:
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'