ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

the LWT's

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

the LWT's

Post by sophie97 »

Does anyone else find it hurts their back after a while, pushing or pulling these light weight trolleys? my back has been in pain for weeks now from them, im not tall (5'9) but I find im still bending over to reach the handle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: the LWT's

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Apparently managers can order an extension handle - might be worth a punt.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: the LWT's

Post by Brain Fury »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Apparently managers can order an extension handle - might be worth a punt.
It's a specially extended LWT and only for people who are at least 6' 3"
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: the LWT's

Post by bustedflush »

Brain Fury wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Apparently managers can order an extension handle - might be worth a punt.
It's a specially extended LWT and only for people who are at least 6' 3"
Ah...being a tall chap I wondered why the bast*rd kept clipping my heels when pulling it along, it gets annoying that wheel hitting my heel. I didn't know you could avail yourself of a 'lanky git's' version.... :Very Happy
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: the LWT's

Post by trevjim »

bustedflush wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Apparently managers can order an extension handle - might be worth a punt.
It's a specially extended LWT and only for people who are at least 6' 3"
Ah...being a tall chap I wondered why the bast*rd kept clipping my heels when pulling it along, it gets annoying that wheel hitting my heel. I didn't know you could avail yourself of a 'lanky git's' version.... :Very Happy
Yea mine kept hitting my heels, I now push and is giving me a bad back too
pyphon
Posts: 231
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: North East England

Re: the LWT's

Post by pyphon »

Is that the thing gathering dust in vans?
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: the LWT's

Post by motch »

Brain Fury wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Apparently managers can order an extension handle - might be worth a punt.
It's a specially extended LWT and only for people who are at least 6' 3"
I'm about 6 foot and it clips my heels sometimes. I tend to push it along.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: the LWT's

Post by NewPostieUK »

I'm only 5'11' (almost) and it clips my heals. On the other hand, I was getting a bad hip with an 11 kilo bag banging off it, but it's fine with the trolley.

It's a shame that, when I get a floater or reserve to work with, they look at me like I've got two heads when I put the trolley in the van.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: the LWT's

Post by PHARRY »

pyphon wrote:Is that the thing gathering dust in vans?

And slides along hitting the bulk head whilst driving
pyphon
Posts: 231
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: North East England

Re: the LWT's

Post by pyphon »

PHARRY wrote:
pyphon wrote:Is that the thing gathering dust in vans?

And slides along hitting the bulk head whilst driving
your not wrong!