ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why so busy?
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Why so busy?
March has been crazy busy for me, any reason why? I know we had council tax and mothers day, but it was like christmas, oh and of course the manager wants it done in the same time whilst he 
-
mailman71
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03
Re: Why so busy?
A lot of firms put out mail before the new financial year starts in April.sophie97 wrote:March has been crazy busy for me, any reason why? I know we had council tax and mothers day, but it was like christmas, oh and of course the manager wants it done in the same time whilst he
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Why so busy?
It's the same every year, March is always one of the busiest times for the reason above. It doesn't help (or does help from a revenue point of view) that councils/HA's etc send out every sheet of paper in a different envelope!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Why so busy?
April and May will be on a par with March mainly because of the local and European elections, no real quite time till mid June I predict.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Why so busy?
I concur. In our office over 20 of us claimed OT for Saturday - the first time I have ever done so. Last week was hellish, and today was busy too.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Why so busy?
Go way the MAILS DOWN apparently isn't itTrueBlueTerrier wrote:April and May will be on a par with March mainly because of the local and European elections, no real quite time till mid June I predict.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Why so busy?
Some people with real jobs get a bonus payment at the end of the financial year and thus plan holidays, diy, garden etc etc. Companies know its a golden time and max out catalogues so we get many more flats.
Finally there is the 2 month council tax break which saves people even more and gives them more to spend.
Finally there is the 2 month council tax break which saves people even more and gives them more to spend.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Why so busy?
I always thought the 2-week CT break was what people then spent on their winter energy bills in March......krussel wrote:Some people with real jobs get a bonus payment at the end of the financial year and thus plan holidays, diy, garden etc etc. Companies know its a golden time and max out catalogues so we get many more flats.
Finally there is the 2 month council tax break which saves people even more and gives them more to spend.