ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why so busy?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

Why so busy?

Post by sophie97 »

March has been crazy busy for me, any reason why? I know we had council tax and mothers day, but it was like christmas, oh and of course the manager wants it done in the same time whilst he :cuppa
mailman71
Posts: 500
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03

Re: Why so busy?

Post by mailman71 »

sophie97 wrote:March has been crazy busy for me, any reason why? I know we had council tax and mothers day, but it was like christmas, oh and of course the manager wants it done in the same time whilst he :cuppa
A lot of firms put out mail before the new financial year starts in April.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Why so busy?

Post by OnAFlyer »

It's the same every year, March is always one of the busiest times for the reason above. It doesn't help (or does help from a revenue point of view) that councils/HA's etc send out every sheet of paper in a different envelope!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Why so busy?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

April and May will be on a par with March mainly because of the local and European elections, no real quite time till mid June I predict.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Why so busy?

Post by bustedflush »

I concur. In our office over 20 of us claimed OT for Saturday - the first time I have ever done so. Last week was hellish, and today was busy too.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Why so busy?

Post by maisymoo04 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:April and May will be on a par with March mainly because of the local and European elections, no real quite time till mid June I predict.
Go way the MAILS DOWN apparently isn't it :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Why so busy?

Post by krussel »

Some people with real jobs get a bonus payment at the end of the financial year and thus plan holidays, diy, garden etc etc. Companies know its a golden time and max out catalogues so we get many more flats.

Finally there is the 2 month council tax break which saves people even more and gives them more to spend.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Why so busy?

Post by bustedflush »

krussel wrote:Some people with real jobs get a bonus payment at the end of the financial year and thus plan holidays, diy, garden etc etc. Companies know its a golden time and max out catalogues so we get many more flats.

Finally there is the 2 month council tax break which saves people even more and gives them more to spend.
I always thought the 2-week CT break was what people then spent on their winter energy bills in March...... :shhhhh