ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

OT weekly calculations

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Soulazydll
Posts: 34
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
Gender: Male

OT weekly calculations

Post by Soulazydll »

First up, If we finish early by 30 mins on a Tuesday do we have to deduct that from any overtime later in the week?
Second, if we have say 1 hours overtime accrued during the week, can we cut off an hour early on Saturday?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: OT weekly calculations

Post by clashcityrocker »

No and no.
There is no agreement on banking of hours.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
new2me
Posts: 104
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
Gender: Male

Re: OT weekly calculations

Post by new2me »

Is there a system that is adhered to throughout the country?
We have 2 daily 'overtime' sheets - one for sorting and one for prep/delivery, I think.
These are whipped away before I'm finished prepping and am ready to 'guestimate' how much I might run over by. In this situation, we are expected to put it on the next days sheet, with the previous day's date.

What century are we in again?
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: OT weekly calculations

Post by Chelseablue »

If a strike was called right now I'd go out ,hearing what's goin on around the country and in our place this can't go on ,sthing has to give
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: OT weekly calculations

Post by worktotime »

Soulazydll wrote:First up, If we finish early by 30 mins on a Tuesday do we have to deduct that from any overtime later in the week?
Second, if we have say 1 hours overtime accrued during the week, can we cut off an hour early on Saturday?
yes they call it working your 39 hrs (banking ) and yes you can ask not to be paid for it and get your time back once you have done your 39 , its called flexibility , but these clowns expect it both ways crossing o/t off if you finish early , and also working over your time when busy , its up to you.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: OT weekly calculations

Post by NewPostieUK »

new2me wrote: These are whipped away before I'm finished prepping and am ready to 'guestimate' how much I might run over
They did that in my office. I told the line manager how daft it was hiding the overtime sheet before everyone was out. The last people out are the very ones who need to claim. I started writing it in as soon as I got in the office. I'd say well, I worked 30mins over yesterday and today might be busier so I'll write down an hour, just in case. Then I started to write 2 hours down, just in case I got a puncture, broke down, etc. :crazy: