ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sunday morning packet delivery
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Sunday morning packet delivery
Couple of us are going in tomorrow to deliver packets 7am-11am. Question, how are customers likely to react if we're knocking at their door at 8 on a Sunday (will to them be 7am as the clocks go forward tonight). Doesn't strike me as the best idea.
-
Richard007
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
They will be please to receive their parcel & who cares if they are sleeping in , but I feel sorry for you having to work as first nice of year ! spring is in the air and a short day tmoz & your in work ! Hard luck I'm gunner be out having fun ,
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
I got a very disapproving look from the vicar walking to church one December Sunday morning as I had just started delivering parcels. 
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
People weren't fussed on the whole, a lot of "I didn't know Royal Mail delivered on a Sunday ..." but no complaints. Most took ages to answer the door though.
-
Captain Scarlet
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
- Location: Fifer
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
Question is......why are you having to deliver on a Sunday? Does your DO have a backlog or high sick leave? Is this likely to be the norm cos I would not putting my hand up for Sunday o/t. Maybe your rep needs to look at the situation aswell 
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
Its because the opposition have developed Sunday deliverers, so as usual Royal Mail are following the market, rather than leading the market. no wonder the shares are falling faster than a fast thing, because the main investor's have little faith in the current management.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
Seems to be stacks of OT going at my office at the moment, FTers doing half-walks daily. It's based in the city, so understandably busy, but I don't know what the situation is regarding staff, obviously there aren't enough. But for somebody like me on PT hours I need the OT, not that there's much chance of increased hours contract.Captain Scarlet wrote:Question is......why are you having to deliver on a Sunday? Does your DO have a backlog or high sick leave? Is this likely to be the norm cos I would not putting my hand up for Sunday o/t. Maybe your rep needs to look at the situation aswell
And if you're going to do OT may as well do it on Sunday at increased rates.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
yes ive seen all the opposition out today the hermes woman next woman and city link ups the lotNigel1505 wrote:Its because the opposition have developed Sunday deliverers, so as usual Royal Mail are following the market, rather than leading the market. no wonder the shares are falling faster than a fast thing, because the main investor's have little faith in the current management.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
Just don't knock on a neighbours door, they'd probably strangle you! 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
https://www.gov.uk/sunday-working" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
If you're PT it won't be overtime until you hit 39 hours and then they'll take the Sunday rate OT off of you first so you'll be working Sunday for flat rate, unless the rules have changed.norm wrote:Seems to be stacks of OT going at my office at the moment, FTers doing half-walks daily. It's based in the city, so understandably busy, but I don't know what the situation is regarding staff, obviously there aren't enough. But for somebody like me on PT hours I need the OT, not that there's much chance of increased hours contract.Captain Scarlet wrote:Question is......why are you having to deliver on a Sunday? Does your DO have a backlog or high sick leave? Is this likely to be the norm cos I would not putting my hand up for Sunday o/t. Maybe your rep needs to look at the situation aswell
And if you're going to do OT may as well do it on Sunday at increased rates.
Am I right?
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
I'd want at least time and a half for Sunday. Luckily for me most would work it at flat rate (so hopefully i'd never be forced into it)
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday morning packet delivery
Time and a halfmotch wrote:I'd want at least time and a half for Sunday. Luckily for me most would work it at flat rate (so hopefully i'd never be forced into it)