ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Way to Teach People

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

The Way to Teach People

Post by BeamishStout »

TWTTP is the buzzword.

After some 15 years of working at RM I finally get snagged with the ultimate in inane beaurocracy - TWTTP. I got asked by the work-time coach the following questions:

(1) Do you know how to do this job?
(2) How do you know you are doing the work correctly?
(3) How do you know the outcome of your work is free from defects?
(4) What do you do if there is a problem in your job?

My heinous crime was to forget to sign for my van and it was a case of mea culpa as I said from the getgo. No doubt I will forget to sign in at some point in the future, or fail to keep my logbook filled in as per spec. But what a waste of the time of my newly appointed work-place coach and an experience which left me feeling somewhat humiliated and irritated by this whole experience. Definitely a case of a heavy-duty hammer to crack a walnut.

At least I didn't get put on the next section 'Advanced TWTTP'.

Anyone else gone through this and, if so, what was your crime?

Come on Royal Mail this is surely not the way to motivate your workforce.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by DB1100 »

BeamishStout wrote:TWTTP is the buzzword.

After some 15 years of working at RM I finally get snagged with the ultimate in inane beaurocracy - TWTTP. I got asked by the work-time coach the following questions:

(1) Do you know how to do this job?
(2) How do you know you are doing the work correctly?
(3) How do you know the outcome of your work is free from defects?
(4) What do you do if there is a problem in your job?

My heinous crime was to forget to sign for my van and it was a case of mea culpa as I said from the getgo. No doubt I will forget to sign in at some point in the future, or fail to keep my logbook filled in as per spec. But what a waste of the time of my newly appointed work-place coach and an experience which left me feeling somewhat humiliated and irritated by this whole experience. Definitely a case of a heavy-duty hammer to crack a walnut.

At least I didn't get put on the next section 'Advanced TWTTP'.

Anyone else gone through this and, if so, what was your crime?

Come on Royal Mail this is surely not the way to motivate your workforce.
My favourite saying is;Excuse me I will not have time to complete my delivery what would you like me to do please?,I am quite happy to listen to their bullsh1t,buzzwords and other drivel because it's all time coming off my delivery,get this thought in your head BeamishStout and you will be able to smile while you listen.
For we were soldiers once,and young
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by venger »

I would have given him a dismissive gesture, a sarcastic laugh and walked off. Yes, I've even done this to my DOM.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by deltaforce »

BeamishStout wrote:TWTTP is the buzzword.

After some 15 years of working at RM I finally get snagged with the ultimate in inane beaurocracy - TWTTP. I got asked by the work-time coach the following questions:

(1) Do you know how to do this job?
(2) How do you know you are doing the work correctly?
(3) How do you know the outcome of your work is free from defects?
(4) What do you do if there is a problem in your job?

My heinous crime was to forget to sign for my van and it was a case of mea culpa as I said from the getgo. No doubt I will forget to sign in at some point in the future, or fail to keep my logbook filled in as per spec. But what a waste of the time of my newly appointed work-place coach and an experience which left me feeling somewhat humiliated and irritated by this whole experience. Definitely a case of a heavy-duty hammer to crack a walnut.
I was given similar treatment for failing to tick a box on the back of a d2d form. All part of this Japanese continuous improvement micro management thingy. Also I believe it's away of getting rid of staff if they cock up on further occasions.
At least I didn't get put on the next section 'Advanced TWTTP'.

Anyone else gone through this and, if so, what was your crime?

Come on Royal Mail this is surely not the way to motivate your workforce.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by Straight4ward »

A new one on me.
Could just be the idea of an over-zealous Work Place Coach.

I think I’d be inclined to turn the tables on him.
How does he know?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by Brain Fury »

TWTTP is one of the processes used in (the apparently defunct) World Class Mail Programme.
cazspence
Posts: 78
Joined: 05 Nov 2011, 06:28
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by cazspence »

Brain Fury wrote:TWTTP is one of the processes used in (the apparently defunct) World Class Mail Programme.

How is it defunct??
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by Brain Fury »

cazspence wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:TWTTP is one of the processes used in (the apparently defunct) World Class Mail Programme.

How is it defunct??
Well only according to a number of posters on this board - they say that WCM will be wound down and that the proof is the 1300 non-operational manager and admin job losses that were announced last week.
adb2aber
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 304
Joined: 01 Feb 2009, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by adb2aber »

cazspence wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:TWTTP is one of the processes used in (the apparently defunct) World Class Mail Programme.

How is it defunct??
It's been non-functional since introduction, maybe someone has finally realised?
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by BeamishStout »

Brain Fury wrote:TWTTP is one of the processes used in (the apparently defunct) World Class Mail Programme.
So I am really curious as to why our local depot is using a tool from a program which is 'dead in the water' or is it? Obviously the work-time coaches in my local depot are being instructed (by local management) to use TWTTP in these and similar circumstances I have described. I also had another work-time coach go through this asinine piece of junk a month back because a customer had taken the time to complain that mail on a particular day was not pushed all the way through her letter box. For all I (and anybody else knows) know this item may have been a local pizza menu shoved through by any Tom, Dick or Harry. :crazy:
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by NewPostieUK »

BeamishStout wrote:
(1) Do you know how to do this job?
(2) How do you know you are doing the work correctly?
(3) How do you know the outcome of your work is free from defects?
(4) What do you do if there is a problem in your job.
What were your answers ? Mine would be

(1) I have no idea. I've never been trained or assessed, I could be doing it all wrong as far as I know.
(2) I don't. See above.
(3) I don't. No one ever mentions defects.
(4) Seek advice, but don't hold my breath.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: The Way to Teach People

Post by Brain Fury »

NewPostieUK wrote:
BeamishStout wrote:
(1) Do you know how to do this job?
(2) How do you know you are doing the work correctly?
(3) How do you know the outcome of your work is free from defects?
(4) What do you do if there is a problem in your job.
What were your answers ? Mine would be

(1) I have no idea. I've never been trained or assessed, I could be doing it all wrong as far as I know.
(2) I don't. See above.
(3) I don't. No one ever mentions defects.
(4) Seek advice, but don't hold my breath.
That would be a perfectly acceptable response - well perhaps apart from the very last bit. It's how TWTTP is supposed to work i.e in this case it establishes a training requirement.