ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lack of franking

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Lack of franking

Post by eastie »

Has anyone else noticed that most of the large A4 letters and small packets are hardly ever franked anymore.
I used to endorse all the unfranked mail but now there is so many I don't bother anymore as it slows you down and if RM can't be arsed neither can I.
It must be losing RM loads of money
Craig_Fairbrass
Posts: 36
Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 11:26
Gender: Male

Re: Lack of franking

Post by Craig_Fairbrass »

There's been a definite increase in this recently.
hotfudge
Posts: 55
Joined: 06 Jan 2011, 15:49
Gender: Male
Location: in the grasp of satan (RMG)

Re: Lack of franking

Post by hotfudge »

t2k machines don't have stamp cancelling facilities on them.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Lack of franking

Post by NewPostieUK »

eastie wrote:Has anyone else noticed
Nope. I could deliver a letter with a penny black and not notice. I just don't look at the stamp or the place where the stamp should be. It never occurs to me. I just look at the address, that's all that matters.
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

Re: Lack of franking

Post by Chitchat »

An example of RM managers trying to save money on the sorting process with little thought to the effects of not franking the stamps out and hoping the customers are honest enough not to reuse them. Its like Tesco getting rid of the tills and putting an honesty box by the door.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Lack of franking

Post by arnold cheshire »

i thought this was about meter post not being franked :thumbup
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12178
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Lack of franking

Post by SpacePhoenix »

The only items thesedays that have had their stamps cancelled seem to be just letters that have gonje through an IMP/iLSM/CFC or have been posted at a PO branch. Everything else seems to leave outward MCs without the stamps getting cancelled
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Lack of franking

Post by monkeymutha »

A letter was left on a gate of a place I deliver to, I guess it was a missort but when I looked at the stamp it hadn't been franked, it was for a place up the road so I am guessing an unfranked misspent. Took it back to office.