Has anyone else noticed that most of the large A4 letters and small packets are hardly ever franked anymore.
I used to endorse all the unfranked mail but now there is so many I don't bother anymore as it slows you down and if RM can't be arsed neither can I.
It must be losing RM loads of money
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lack of franking
-
Craig_Fairbrass
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 11:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Lack of franking
There's been a definite increase in this recently.
-
hotfudge
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 06 Jan 2011, 15:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: in the grasp of satan (RMG)
Re: Lack of franking
t2k machines don't have stamp cancelling facilities on them.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Lack of franking
Nope. I could deliver a letter with a penny black and not notice. I just don't look at the stamp or the place where the stamp should be. It never occurs to me. I just look at the address, that's all that matters.eastie wrote:Has anyone else noticed
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Lack of franking
An example of RM managers trying to save money on the sorting process with little thought to the effects of not franking the stamps out and hoping the customers are honest enough not to reuse them. Its like Tesco getting rid of the tills and putting an honesty box by the door.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Lack of franking
i thought this was about meter post not being franked 
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12178
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Lack of franking
The only items thesedays that have had their stamps cancelled seem to be just letters that have gonje through an IMP/iLSM/CFC or have been posted at a PO branch. Everything else seems to leave outward MCs without the stamps getting cancelled
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Lack of franking
A letter was left on a gate of a place I deliver to, I guess it was a missort but when I looked at the stamp it hadn't been franked, it was for a place up the road so I am guessing an unfranked misspent. Took it back to office.