ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by Bahia Feliz »

I get £4 a week Res rights driving allowance but it wasn't paid this week.I have been off sick since January due to having an operation,I Sent my dom a text asking why and he replied saying its because I have been off sick for more than 6 weeks.
Is this right anyone? Thanks.
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by silly suffolk »

allowances paid for 8 weeks if off sick. but I would have thought reserved rights are paid however long your off.
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by tansorboy »

What is a £4 Res rights driving allowance? I drive but don't get that.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by krussel »

tansorboy wrote:What is a £4 Res rights driving allowance? I drive but don't get that.

It goes way back when posties used to get paid an allowance for driving a van. When the payments stopped some lucky ones (on a driving duty at the time) still receive the money under "granddad" rights.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by silly suffolk »

tansorboy wrote:What is a £4 Res rights driving allowance? I drive but don't get that.
if you drove a below 3.5 van before 31 jan 2000 you should receive 6 quid reserved rights pro rata if you are still driving.
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by silly suffolk »

reserved rights paid for all paid absences.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by Bahia Feliz »

silly suffolk wrote:reserved rights paid for all paid absences.
Do you think I should still be getting it then?
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by tansorboy »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
silly suffolk wrote:reserved rights paid for all paid absences.
Do you think I should still be getting it then?
No
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by Bahia Feliz »

tansorboy wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
silly suffolk wrote:reserved rights paid for all paid absences.
Do you think I should still be getting it then?
No
I'm asking silly Suffolk thanks tansorboy not you.
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by silly suffolk »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
tansorboy wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
silly suffolk wrote:reserved rights paid for all paid absences.
Do you think I should still be getting it then?
No
I'm asking silly Suffolk thanks tansorboy not you.
100%. get rep involved. there is an agreement stating all above criteria. manager trying to cut costs to improve his bonus seems to be what's happening to you.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Driving money stopped - Long term sick

Post by Bahia Feliz »

silly suffolk wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
tansorboy wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
silly suffolk wrote:reserved rights paid for all paid absences.
Do you think I should still be getting it then?
No
I'm asking silly Suffolk thanks tansorboy not you.
100%. get rep involved. there is an agreement stating all above criteria. manager trying to cut costs to improve his bonus seems to be what's happening to you.
Cheers Silly Suffolk,I'll ring my rep later thanks very much :Very Happy