Permanent contracts for temps retained after the revision that the Union asked for? Pah! This makes the difference between living and existing. I have always run my finances with my missus so that we could afford (just) to pay our mortgage, eat and heat, drive a car to work if we were both for any reason reduced to MW.
Yes, I have to work less hours to get MW than many, but it's the bottom line that pays bills and gives you some 'living'. So after being led to believe that those kept would be made permanent and retain the same conditions, we still have more temp contract worker blackmail to endure, but with a massive reduction in wages to boot. Feels like a hard kick in the nuts. I could hardly speak to my colleague today on my round, so upset was I.
Looks like I'll be next in the food bank queue with the other 'working poor'.
P.S. Shall I e-mail Moya and beg a few quid of her bonus?