ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New posty... Do I get leave?
-
Si9975
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 27 Jan 2014, 18:36
- Gender: Male
New posty... Do I get leave?
5th week in the job tomoz. But was wondering how annual leave works. My other half wants me to put a week in for May ..... But I've been told u have to book leave months and months in advance? Is this true?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: New posty... Do I get leave?
Lack of flexibility with leave is one of the worst aspects of the job so not much chance for May
but this autumn you should be able to make a bid for May 2015. 
-
kremmen
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 02 Dec 2011, 15:55
- Gender: Male
Re: New posty... Do I get leave?
In our office there is a chart on the wall showing holiday slots for full and part time staff and it seems to be offered on a first come first served basis. I only arrived in December so I get last choice . However I had pre booked holiday and advised that date at interview and this is honoured despite the slots for that week being booked.
Also booked a week in April school holidays at the start of the year.
Paul
Also booked a week in April school holidays at the start of the year.
Paul
-
maximus12
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: New posty... Do I get leave?
Ask your dom, in my first year, as all holidays had been booked for that year, i just had to ask and he generally sorted it for when I wanted. I guess if your dom wants to help he can.