Hi all,
I have been working since Mid of december 2013. What is the shortest notice period to resign. Can it be less than one week? Will it be a problem that I give notice less than a week?(few days)
If so will they be paying me any holidays that im entitled to so far(Dec 2013- March 2014)?
Or one of the rm guys told me since i will be taking my anual holidays for 2014/2015 next months work somehow these 2 weeks till april holidays and after come back from holidays give resignation asap. Is that a better idea?
Thank you in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
-
Sanjayrocks
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 13:23
- Gender: Male
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
One week but if you go quicker you may loose pay set against your holiday entitlements must have a good job lined up.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
Thank you Sanjay for your long service with RMSanjayrocks wrote:Hi all,
I have been working since Mid of december 2013. What is the shortest notice period to resign.
Thank you in advance
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
No matter how long you have worked at Royal Mail the notice period for resignation is 1 week.Sanjayrocks wrote:Hi all,
I have been working since Mid of december 2013. What is the shortest notice period to resign. Can it be less than one week? Will it be a problem that I give notice less than a week?(few days)
If so will they be paying me any holidays that im entitled to so far(Dec 2013- March 2014)?
Or one of the rm guys told me since i will be taking my anual holidays for 2014/2015 next months work somehow these 2 weeks till april holidays and after come back from holidays give resignation asap. Is that a better idea?
Thank you in advance
UnTaken Holidays from this year may be added to the notice period by Royal Mail, there is no specific entitlement to being paid in Lieu, however your contract with Royal Mail states only 5 days can be carried forward without applying for it to happen. This may also have an effect.
Holidays from the 2014/15 leave year will only be paid if you have accrued enough time to take them. As the leave year starts in April you won't have accrued enough entitlement and WILL have to pay Royal Mail back if you take more than you have accrued. So No your mates idea to resign after the April leave, if its from 2014/15 entitlement, is VERY BAD.
Although the notice period is 1 week, you can always ask Royal Mail if they will accept less, however, there is nothing to say Royal Mail will accede to your request.
PS: This will all be covered by your contract of employment, hopefully you still have a copy.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sanjayrocks
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 13:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
Hi all
many thanks for the reply
I received a holiday sheet from my office and it says I'm entitled to 19 holidays and 5 more days(can't remember what was mentioned about those 5days)
Does that mean I'll get 19 paid holidays for 2014/2015
even though I joined 3 months back. I have pre booked my April holidays before the Rm interview
Thanks
many thanks for the reply
I received a holiday sheet from my office and it says I'm entitled to 19 holidays and 5 more days(can't remember what was mentioned about those 5days)
Does that mean I'll get 19 paid holidays for 2014/2015
even though I joined 3 months back. I have pre booked my April holidays before the Rm interview
Thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
only if you are at Royal Mail for the WHOLE year.Sanjayrocks wrote:
Does that mean I'll get 19 paid holidays for 2014/2015
Thanks
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sanjayrocks
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 13:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Since I been working at Rm for 3.5 months approx how many paid holidays will I get?
So the extra days will be no pay holidays is it?
Thanks
Thanks for the reply
Since I been working at Rm for 3.5 months approx how many paid holidays will I get?
So the extra days will be no pay holidays is it?
Thanks
-
catch22
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
19 / 12 * 3.5=5.5Sanjayrocks wrote:Hi
Thanks for the reply
Since I been working at Rm for 3.5 months approx how many paid holidays will I get?
So the extra days will be no pay holidays is it?
Thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
Catch22 has the figure for you. This is what you have earned (accrued) in the 2013/14 Holiday year.Sanjayrocks wrote:Hi
Thanks for the reply
Since I been working at Rm for 3.5 months approx how many paid holidays will I get?
So the extra days will be no pay holidays is it?
Thanks
However, the rest of your question is not very clear. If you don't work for Royal Mail in the leave year 2014/2015 you won't be entitled to any holiday from Royal Mail. While you work for Royal Mail you earn 2.5 days leave per month.
Unpaid holidays are not a right so you will have to apply for them and your request can be refused.
When giving your notice it is unlikely that your manager will give you unpaid days but you can always ask.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sanjayrocks
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 13:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice to quit and Holidays entitlments
Thank you all for your replies.