ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
Royal Mail make changes to the way letters and parcels are delivered in Kettering
http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Ne ... 131000.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail is making some changes to the way it delivers mail in Kettering over the next few weeks.
Postmen and women will be using delivery methods such as vans and trolleys to deliver letters and the growing numbers of parcels to customers.
Royal Mail will also be writing to every address in the NN14, NN15 and NN16 Postcode Area about the changes it is making.
The postal operator provides one of the most comprehensive and best value mail services in Europe.
The changes in Kettering will mean there are no job losses.
Postmen and women, who now handle a mix of letters and more parcels, will use trolleys instead of the traditional over the shoulder satchels and two postmen will share vans to deliver items together in an area.
In Kettering, Royal Mail has invested in 26 new vans and 11 trolleys to enable postmen and women to deliver the mail more efficiently.
These changes can require a period of adjustment for staff.
However, Royal Mail will be doing everything possible to maintain a high level of service and thanks customers for their understanding.
Royal Mail Delivery Director, Paul Whitehouse, said: “We are proud of the high regard in which our postmen and women are held in Kettering. The changes to delivery routes will mean that a member of our local and experienced team will still be delivering to our customers in Kettering.”
“The local delivery team and I are fully committed to providing a high quality of service that is as reliable and friendly as customers have come to expect from Royal Mail in Kettering over many years.”
Why we are making these changes
The way in which we communicate with each other has changed dramatically. Unfortunately, fewer letters are now posted every day and Royal Mail needs to organise its delivery routes to be as efficient as possible.
We also deliver more larger items and so we are investing in new equipment to carry these items to customers even more securely.
The new equipment also reduces the risk of injury to our postmen and women from carrying heavier mail bags.
What this means for Kettering
Royal Mail will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day. Many customers will continue to get their mail by lunchtime.
- The time customers receive mail will depend on where they live on the new delivery route. This may be later or possibly earlier than current delivery times.
- When mail volumes vary, we may need to adjust delivery arrangements and times.
If customers have any queries after they have received a letter, they can call our Customer Services Team on 0845 601 1399.
Our deaf and hard of hearing customers can use our Textphone: 0845 600 0606.
Local elected representatives and business groups are also being advised of these changes.
http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Ne ... 131000.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail is making some changes to the way it delivers mail in Kettering over the next few weeks.
Postmen and women will be using delivery methods such as vans and trolleys to deliver letters and the growing numbers of parcels to customers.
Royal Mail will also be writing to every address in the NN14, NN15 and NN16 Postcode Area about the changes it is making.
The postal operator provides one of the most comprehensive and best value mail services in Europe.
The changes in Kettering will mean there are no job losses.
Postmen and women, who now handle a mix of letters and more parcels, will use trolleys instead of the traditional over the shoulder satchels and two postmen will share vans to deliver items together in an area.
In Kettering, Royal Mail has invested in 26 new vans and 11 trolleys to enable postmen and women to deliver the mail more efficiently.
These changes can require a period of adjustment for staff.
However, Royal Mail will be doing everything possible to maintain a high level of service and thanks customers for their understanding.
Royal Mail Delivery Director, Paul Whitehouse, said: “We are proud of the high regard in which our postmen and women are held in Kettering. The changes to delivery routes will mean that a member of our local and experienced team will still be delivering to our customers in Kettering.”
“The local delivery team and I are fully committed to providing a high quality of service that is as reliable and friendly as customers have come to expect from Royal Mail in Kettering over many years.”
Why we are making these changes
The way in which we communicate with each other has changed dramatically. Unfortunately, fewer letters are now posted every day and Royal Mail needs to organise its delivery routes to be as efficient as possible.
We also deliver more larger items and so we are investing in new equipment to carry these items to customers even more securely.
The new equipment also reduces the risk of injury to our postmen and women from carrying heavier mail bags.
What this means for Kettering
Royal Mail will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day. Many customers will continue to get their mail by lunchtime.
- The time customers receive mail will depend on where they live on the new delivery route. This may be later or possibly earlier than current delivery times.
- When mail volumes vary, we may need to adjust delivery arrangements and times.
If customers have any queries after they have received a letter, they can call our Customer Services Team on 0845 601 1399.
Our deaf and hard of hearing customers can use our Textphone: 0845 600 0606.
Local elected representatives and business groups are also being advised of these changes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mark_e
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 19:01
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
My Office....bye bye to a nice job :-(
-
interesting
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
My mate works there
-
Redshadow
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 13:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
Still no revision here.
Just rejected last week.
92 no 12 yes.
Higher manager with same name as a famous astronaut in office today to find out why/waffle on at us in management double speak.
Just rejected last week.
92 no 12 yes.
Higher manager with same name as a famous astronaut in office today to find out why/waffle on at us in management double speak.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
Buzz Lightyear?Redshadow wrote:Higher manager with same name as a famous astronaut in office today.
James T Kirk?
Mr Spoon from Button Moon? (google it if you're under 40
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Redshadow
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 13:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
Lol.
Just about remember button moon.
As to name of manager think first man on moon, NASA, one small step for mankind. Initials N.A surname sounds like stretchable kids toy from the eighties Stretch something.
Sorry to be vague but I don't really know what you can get away with posting as I presume what you post can be monitored by our beloved overlords.
Just about remember button moon.
As to name of manager think first man on moon, NASA, one small step for mankind. Initials N.A surname sounds like stretchable kids toy from the eighties Stretch something.
Sorry to be vague but I don't really know what you can get away with posting as I presume what you post can be monitored by our beloved overlords.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
Yuri GagarinRedshadow wrote:Lol.
Just about remember button moon.
As to name of manager think first man on moon, NASA, one small step for mankind. Initials N.A surname sounds like stretchable kids toy from the eighties Stretch something.
Sorry to be vague but I don't really know what you can get away with posting as I presume what you post can be monitored by our beloved overlords.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
fishtank wrote:Buzz Lightyear?Redshadow wrote:Higher manager with same name as a famous astronaut in office today.
James T Kirk?
Mr Spoon from Button Moon? (google it if you're under 40)
Or "The rock collector" in clangers

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
Redshadow wrote:Lol.
Just about remember button moon.
As to name of manager think first man on moon, NASA, one small step for mankind. Initials N.A surname sounds like stretchable kids toy from the eighties Stretch something.
Sorry to be vague but I don't really know what you can get away with posting as I presume what you post can be monitored by our beloved overlords.
Yes enough clues - but I can see a series of pictures being posted now.
Just to add we are not allowed to name anyone on here unless they have been named elsewhere and a link is provided (like News items) or they are Nationally known within Royal Mail or the Union.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Redshadow
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 13:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
O.k
I agree thread had turned a bit silly now.
Only posted because I thought it the situation would be of interest to members.
Think I was mistaken, will go back to lurking on forum rather than posting.
I agree thread had turned a bit silly now.
Only posted because I thought it the situation would be of interest to members.
Think I was mistaken, will go back to lurking on forum rather than posting.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
No keep posting we like active members, its just we have to be careful about naming people for legal and job security reasons. Certainly we do like to hear of local situations as it shows the difference and similarities between the different offices.
Keep typing.
Keep typing.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Redshadow
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 13:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
Fair enough.
I will have to think how to proceed with explaining this without giving to much identifiable or legally questionable information away as the more I think about it there are a lot of issues that are going on in Kettering d.o.
For now I think the main thing I wanted to flag was that it's been a year since the revision was meant to be live yet we still do not have it in place.
They have been trying to bring it in for at least five years.
Thanks for reading.
I will have to think how to proceed with explaining this without giving to much identifiable or legally questionable information away as the more I think about it there are a lot of issues that are going on in Kettering d.o.
For now I think the main thing I wanted to flag was that it's been a year since the revision was meant to be live yet we still do not have it in place.
They have been trying to bring it in for at least five years.
Thanks for reading.
-
mrbungle
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 13:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Kettles Kettering
A LOT of issues at Kettering. I really don't know how they are going to manage a major change like this when they can't even manage simple absorption fairly. Even the change to the sorting system last year is a big fail, then this guy in a nice tailored suit comes in today asking the posties to trust him?Redshadow wrote:Fair enough.
I will have to think how to proceed with explaining this without giving to much identifiable or legally questionable information away as the more I think about it there are a lot of issues that are going on in Kettering d.o.
For now I think the main thing I wanted to flag was that it's been a year since the revision was meant to be live yet we still do not have it in place.
They have been trying to bring it in for at least five years.
Thanks for reading.