ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
When are we going to get a more reliable pda ? Mine crashed 5 times yesterday whilst on delivery. This was despite using the key lock. It had a system update on weds which put it out of action for the first half of my delivery. Yesterday it kept going "blue light" when you tried to scan resulting in a re boot. Its so bloody annoying when your standing on a doorstep with a customer waiting for their parcel.
We need a much simpler smaller device with a mono lcd screen and better software, pref not windows based. I get really fed up carrying the useless failing brick around for 4.5 hrs when Hermes use something as small, modern and light as a smart phone.
We need a much simpler smaller device with a mono lcd screen and better software, pref not windows based. I get really fed up carrying the useless failing brick around for 4.5 hrs when Hermes use something as small, modern and light as a smart phone.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
Couldn't agree more.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
make sure you reboot it everyday at the end of the shift
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
Ok I may try that.bringon4dayweeks wrote:make sure you reboot it everyday at the end of the shift
I log off and hand it in. I get it back in the morning log in and sometimes it just black screens and you have to remove the battery.
I do get the occasional day where it does not crash but very few and far between.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
i find it helps when you are driving back log out then hold in the on button for 10 to 15 seconds it will switch off and rebootkrussel wrote:Ok I may try that.bringon4dayweeks wrote:make sure you reboot it everyday at the end of the shift![]()
I log off and hand it in. I get it back in the morning log in and sometimes it just black screens and you have to remove the battery.![]()
I do get the occasional day where it does not crash but very few and far between.
-
rjack
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 09:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: wales
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
take the battery off and use the pen to push in the reset button this should help.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
Thanks I will give it a go at the end of shift tom.rjack wrote:take the battery off and use the pen to push in the reset button this should help.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
My scanner doesn't scan, have to enter manually, boss accuses me of being 'slow'.
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
The PDA I use was made in 2007....is heavy....awkward ....and when they crash(which is most days and obviously in front of customers who have to wait until I reboot the thing)...hugely embarrassing....and where are we supposed to carry them?
Bag....more weight!
Pockets?..Nah...just drop out!
Holster?(Where do I get one from)?
Necklace?lol
Bag....more weight!
Pockets?..Nah...just drop out!
Holster?(Where do I get one from)?
Necklace?lol
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
definetley worth a try of re booting i would use the pen to reset behind the batterymonkeymutha wrote:My scanner doesn't scan, have to enter manually, boss accuses me of being 'slow'.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
I definitely wouldn't advise using the reset button behind the battery unless all recorded items have been downloaded.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
i do it all the time infact sometimes its the only way to send the unsent messages they wont go anywheredvbuk55 wrote:I definitely wouldn't advise using the reset button behind the battery unless all recorded items have been downloaded.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
If the crap these idiots give me fails, I go back to using good old fashioned pen and paper.
If they want me to use their rubbish, I will, but only once it's workable.
If they want me to use their rubbish, I will, but only once it's workable.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
No it isn't the only way, in fact an OPG shouldn't press the reset button at all, it should be handed in to the locker and the afternoon locker staff should clear down the unsent items. It's not quick but the process doesn't involve a reset. No one in the delivery office should press the reset button without ringing the IT department, they do of course but NEVER when unsent items are on the machine.bringon4dayweeks wrote:i do it all the time infact sometimes its the only way to send the unsent messages they wont go anywheredvbuk55 wrote:I definitely wouldn't advise using the reset button behind the battery unless all recorded items have been downloaded.
TBH the machines have really had their day like the RMGTT guns they're no longer really fit for purpose.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: So how many times did your PDA crash today ?
Mine wouldn't connect to the network so had to Ad-hoc all my boxes, then you spend the rest of the day wondering if you remembered to scan them 