This is driving me literally insane. I've had this peugeot since last friday, the radio hasn't been connected properly so i haven't even that to balance out this monotonous drivel.
I do a rural route with a lot of detached single deliveries, farm gates etc and work out that I either get in or out of the van 300 times a day. Whoever came up with this safety feature is clearly a moron with no practical sense, as has previously been mentioned, half of the time I'm getting back in to the van and this message serves no purpose. My DOM agrees with me and says I can have it disabled, but maintenance services refuses to do it telling me that royal mail have invested quote 'a fortune' in implementing this due to a recent rise in runaway vans.
Its ruining my daily life and in my opinion is more likely to cause an accident that prevent one. To make things worse every other new van where I work is a Fiat Doblo XL which does not have this handbrake warning, so i'm the only person who is having to swallow this bullsh*t, despite 11 unblemished years driving for the company. I would leap at the chance to get my old run down vauxhall combo back with no padding in the drivers seat, at least it patronise me every few minute of my day.