Ive been a postie for 8 months now and was given CAT trainers from the start. Now that the tread has gone ive reordered some more to my disappointment we dont use CAT trainers anymore due to the fact they dont last long. I was given a small alternative and opted for Doc Martin shoes being a sturdy shoe. Anyway im in day 3 with them and they are clunky and actually slow me down.(yes I probably shouldve ordered maybe a better alternative but I didnt and now im lumbered with these) My partner is waiting 4-5minutes more for me per loop. Ok as new shoes do they are rubbing which is slowing me a bit as well but iam plastered up but its the clunkiness of them that slow me.
Im not sure what to do. I dont think I can take them back to the office and ask for an alternative so its either a case of just storing them and actually buying on ebay the exact CAT trainer myself for about £35 (ive seen them go for) or have the next year or so clunking around with the Doc Martins which isnt really a good prospect.But then if I do buy my own CAT's then ill be stuck with unused doc Martins which get checked for lack of tread when I want more footwear in the future. Catch 22.
Anyone else with Doc's and do they become easier to walk in? They are not a trainer are they so I doubt im gonna be walking the speed I have previously done.
Just have a word with your manager, explain it and they can authorise an issue of available shoes even if outside your entitlement if they want. You'll probably have to order it but as long as you enter the managers name correctly on the on-line ordering form he can approve it from his computer (between face-book and ebay probably )
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Just have a word with your manager, explain it and they can authorise an issue of available shoes even if outside your entitlement if they want. You'll probably have to order it but as long as you enter the managers name correctly on the on-line ordering form he can approve it from his computer (between face-book and ebay probably )
thanks. Ill have a word tomorrow. I dont know why they issue clunky shoes like that,especially coming upto spring, plus they dont go well with shorts haha.
The Docs when worn in are very comfortable and you'll hardly notice them, but they take an awful lot of wearing in. The goods news is that they usually last better than the rest.
If you don't like clunky shoes don't order the CAT Boots, they are even worse.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The Docs when worn in are very comfortable and you'll hardly notice them, but they take an awful lot of wearing in. The goods news is that they usually last better than the rest.
If you don't like clunky shoes don't order the CAT Boots, they are even worse.
Ok. Ill get some feedback from work to see if there are any good uns
postiewhite wrote:Ive been a postie for 8 months now and was given CAT trainers from the start. Now that the tread has gone ive reordered some more to my disappointment we dont use CAT trainers anymore due to the fact they dont last long. I was given a small alternative and opted for Doc Martin shoes being a sturdy shoe. Anyway im in day 3 with them and they are clunky and actually slow me down.(yes I probably shouldve ordered maybe a better alternative but I didnt and now im lumbered with these) My partner is waiting 4-5minutes more for me per loop. Ok as new shoes do they are rubbing which is slowing me a bit as well but iam plastered up but its the clunkiness of them that slow me.
Im not sure what to do. I dont think I can take them back to the office and ask for an alternative so its either a case of just storing them and actually buying on ebay the exact CAT trainer myself for about £35 (ive seen them go for) or have the next year or so clunking around with the Doc Martins which isnt really a good prospect.But then if I do buy my own CAT's then ill be stuck with unused doc Martins which get checked for lack of tread when I want more footwear in the future. Catch 22.
Anyone else with Doc's and do they become easier to walk in? They are not a trainer are they so I doubt im gonna be walking the speed I have previously done.
ive just had a pair of cat trainers they are very easy to slip in like going round in roller skates
Docs are the only shoes worth having for outdoor work. You have to break them in carefully though. Don't know what you mean by clunky, aren't all new shoes clunky?
2 weeks and my cat trainers have holes in the inside ankle bits , leeading to blisters. what we need are soft trainer uppers with doc martin soles, waterproof and all black please.
or these :-
5plusbonusball wrote:2 weeks and my cat trainers have holes in the inside ankle bits , leeading to blisters. what we need are soft trainer uppers with doc martin soles, waterproof and all black please.
or these :-
I do sympathise with you on the Docs - they are too "heavy" especially going up and down stairs.The cat trainers are comfortable and light but not waterproof and wear out quickly.Try the magnum shoes as they are "lighter" than the docs and fairly waterproof when new.I wear the cats on dry days and the magnums on wet days.Your dom should be allow you another issue of footwear as the cats were worn out.
I was told we couldn't order the CAT trainers anymore, although a pair turned up for me a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I've received a dodgy pair or something but the grip seems terrible. Any wet tiles or mossy paths and I'm struggling to stay on my feet. I don't remember this happening with my old pairs. Maybe they just need wearing in.
I do have some Docs, but likewise, I just prefer the trainers.
The DM Boots are the best footwear Royal Mail has issued to me but, as already said, they need a lot of breaking in. The Cat trainers are good but mine where lasting about a month, I was ordering a new pair after three weeks so they would arrive as the others wore out.