ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Proposed new footwear

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
JoeWagg
Posts: 79
Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 23:03
Gender: Male

Proposed new footwear

Post by JoeWagg »

I've heard that they're gonna be phasing in a new shoe to replace the Cat trainers this year.
Anyone know owt about it?
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by Sidley »

Image

Image
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Image

to match the fleeces :Very Happy and the job!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
joesmyth912
Posts: 29
Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 22:41
Gender: Male

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by joesmyth912 »

it is no longer possible to order cat trainers- i tried lastweek and was told they are no longer being stocked as they wear out to quick and also dont have enough grip
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by NewPostieUK »

joesmyth912 wrote:it is no longer possible to order cat trainers- i tried lastweek and was told they are no longer being stocked as they wear out to quick and also dont have enough grip
So why can we still get Magnums then?
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by Sidley »

They got a good deal on a million mismatched pairs of Magnums and some magic beans.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by Himaggen »

They're going to be phasing in two different makes of 'waterproof' training shoe.
Firstly, with imminent release,(10000 pairs I believe), is the YDS HERMES, following in a few months will be the ANVIL BLACKTAIL.

<EDIT />
Here's a couple of pictures of the YDS unit:
Image
Image
Robtor
Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by Robtor »

Oh that is brilliant news, we trialed these in our office around this time last year and they were so much better than the CAT trainers, in fact I still wear my YDS ones and they're still waterproof after a whole year of pounding the streets!

I have some CAT replacements as the tread has gotten low but I wasn't going to bother until the weather improves as I like having dry feet, I even thought about buying some with my own money considering how much better they were.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by wabbithunta »

Himaggen wrote:They're going to be phasing in two different makes of 'waterproof' training shoe.
Firstly, with imminent release,(10000 pairs I believe), is the YDS HERMES, following in a few months will be the ANVIL BLACKTAIL.

<EDIT />
Here's a couple of pictures of the YDS unit:
Image
Image
Not a lot of wear on those soles.. how old are they and how much wear and tear have those shoes got now?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by OnAFlyer »

Something had better turn up soon as I'm still wearing 3 month old cat trainers with zero tread left. There are no cat trainers or magnum trainers available to order.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by NewPostieUK »

OnAFlyer wrote:Something had better turn up soon as I'm still wearing 3 month old cat trainers with zero tread left. There are no cat trainers or magnum trainers available to order.
What's wrong with Doc's? There's a choice of boots or shoes, and they don't slip.
al64
Posts: 102
Joined: 04 Sep 2008, 16:45
Gender: Male

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by al64 »

joesmyth912 wrote:it is no longer possible to order cat trainers- i tried lastweek and was told they are no longer being stocked as they wear out to quick and also dont have enough grip
Ordered some new cat trainers last week, Got them today without any problems :thumbup
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by clashcityrocker »

al64 wrote:
Ordered some new cat trainers last week, Got them today without any problems :thumbup
I believe they have a stock of small sizes left....... :whistle
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by RTP »

NewPostieUK wrote: What's wrong with Doc's? There's a choice of boots or shoes, and they don't slip.
You mean those things that blister your feet to bits for a few weeks before they wear in and are about as waterproof as a brown paper bag?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Proposed new footwear

Post by DGP1 »

NewPostieUK wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:Something had better turn up soon as I'm still wearing 3 month old cat trainers with zero tread left. There are no cat trainers or magnum trainers available to order.
What's wrong with Doc's? There's a choice of boots or shoes, and they don't slip.
I still have the same Docs I got when I started in RM, still haven't broken them in yet...........and it's only been 10 years :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio