ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Proposed new footwear
-
JoeWagg
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 23:03
- Gender: Male
Proposed new footwear
I've heard that they're gonna be phasing in a new shoe to replace the Cat trainers this year.
Anyone know owt about it?
Anyone know owt about it?
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
-
joesmyth912
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 22:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Proposed new footwear
it is no longer possible to order cat trainers- i tried lastweek and was told they are no longer being stocked as they wear out to quick and also dont have enough grip
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Proposed new footwear
So why can we still get Magnums then?joesmyth912 wrote:it is no longer possible to order cat trainers- i tried lastweek and was told they are no longer being stocked as they wear out to quick and also dont have enough grip
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Proposed new footwear
They got a good deal on a million mismatched pairs of Magnums and some magic beans.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Proposed new footwear
They're going to be phasing in two different makes of 'waterproof' training shoe.
Firstly, with imminent release,(10000 pairs I believe), is the YDS HERMES, following in a few months will be the ANVIL BLACKTAIL.
<EDIT />
Here's a couple of pictures of the YDS unit:


Firstly, with imminent release,(10000 pairs I believe), is the YDS HERMES, following in a few months will be the ANVIL BLACKTAIL.
<EDIT />
Here's a couple of pictures of the YDS unit:
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Proposed new footwear
Oh that is brilliant news, we trialed these in our office around this time last year and they were so much better than the CAT trainers, in fact I still wear my YDS ones and they're still waterproof after a whole year of pounding the streets!
I have some CAT replacements as the tread has gotten low but I wasn't going to bother until the weather improves as I like having dry feet, I even thought about buying some with my own money considering how much better they were.
I have some CAT replacements as the tread has gotten low but I wasn't going to bother until the weather improves as I like having dry feet, I even thought about buying some with my own money considering how much better they were.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Proposed new footwear
Not a lot of wear on those soles.. how old are they and how much wear and tear have those shoes got now?Himaggen wrote:They're going to be phasing in two different makes of 'waterproof' training shoe.
Firstly, with imminent release,(10000 pairs I believe), is the YDS HERMES, following in a few months will be the ANVIL BLACKTAIL.
<EDIT />
Here's a couple of pictures of the YDS unit:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Proposed new footwear
Something had better turn up soon as I'm still wearing 3 month old cat trainers with zero tread left. There are no cat trainers or magnum trainers available to order.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Proposed new footwear
What's wrong with Doc's? There's a choice of boots or shoes, and they don't slip.OnAFlyer wrote:Something had better turn up soon as I'm still wearing 3 month old cat trainers with zero tread left. There are no cat trainers or magnum trainers available to order.
-
al64
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 04 Sep 2008, 16:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Proposed new footwear
Ordered some new cat trainers last week, Got them today without any problemsjoesmyth912 wrote:it is no longer possible to order cat trainers- i tried lastweek and was told they are no longer being stocked as they wear out to quick and also dont have enough grip
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Proposed new footwear
I believe they have a stock of small sizes left.......al64 wrote:
Ordered some new cat trainers last week, Got them today without any problems
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Proposed new footwear
You mean those things that blister your feet to bits for a few weeks before they wear in and are about as waterproof as a brown paper bag?NewPostieUK wrote: What's wrong with Doc's? There's a choice of boots or shoes, and they don't slip.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Proposed new footwear
I still have the same Docs I got when I started in RM, still haven't broken them in yet...........and it's only been 10 yearsNewPostieUK wrote:What's wrong with Doc's? There's a choice of boots or shoes, and they don't slip.OnAFlyer wrote:Something had better turn up soon as I'm still wearing 3 month old cat trainers with zero tread left. There are no cat trainers or magnum trainers available to order.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio

