ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ridiculous customer complaints.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by alloria »

We have all had them, complaints so surreal that you start to question the sanity of the human race in general.

So lets hear about all the crazy and ridiculous complaints you and your colleagues have had over the years.

I will go first.

A collogue of mine received a complaint today. The customer phoned up saying that she gets lots of mail every day, but as he had been delivering her mail half an hour late for the past few days, that means that he had obviously spent more time in the sorting office, and that she should be getting more mail as a result! :crazy: We all had a good laugh about that one. :Very Happy
Vote no on the "Agreement"
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by venger »

I've had "Why is my mail wet?" when it's pissing down outside.
Slysi16
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 19:28
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by Slysi16 »

I havn't had any mail for 3 days manager showed me the complaint how stupid
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"You'll wake the dead" when I knock the door loud enough to be heard. :crazy:
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by spen »

Iv had a woman chase me down the rd waving a d2d at me swearing blind that its a misdelivery
tonyd
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Mar 2009, 17:02
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by tonyd »

How about "hey postie this isn't for me"
Check the letter and its addressed 'to the occupier'.
They then look at you as if your the dumb one
Toby Tyke
Posts: 97
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by Toby Tyke »

"I don't want this parcel today they said it would be delivered tomorrow"
Groundpounder
Posts: 66
Joined: 04 May 2011, 19:52
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by Groundpounder »

Do you think you could leave the door on it's hinges next time you knock.
deekin
Posts: 34
Joined: 25 May 2010, 15:11
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by deekin »

A lady on my round complained about getting loads of "unaddressed mail" often. Now, to annoy her more, I give her one d2d on Monday, one on Tuesday, etc, instead of them all on the same day.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by BingBong »

deekin wrote:A lady on my round complained about getting loads of "unaddressed mail" often. Now, to annoy her more, I give her one d2d on Monday, one on Tuesday, etc, instead of them all on the same day.
i just laughed :-D
Toon Army!
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by Sidley »

Anyone giving me the " I don't see why I should be the one to have to actually do something about removing myself from the d2d deliveries list outside of placing a badly written and poorly spelled cardboard sign written in all capital letters with lots of underlining and exclamation marks on my front door" gets as many different d2d ad I can get from the pile of excess households.

Had some old dear griefing me today because I always rang her buzzer to gain access to the sheltered accommodation plus I keep delivering post that isn't for her. If she went out like the people at the numbers preceding hers and got no mail I wouldn't expect her to lumber the whole 6 feet to buzz me in.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by OnAFlyer »

Had a customer complain about not receiving recordeds, even though he signed for them and the signatures are on the website.

The old 'I'm not getting any mail' one as well, because they haven't had any for a few days.

Then the most common one, 'I was in but the postman never knocked' - I get 2 or 3 of these a year, and never ever leave a 739 without knocking so complete b*llocks.

I can't remember the last time I had a legitimate complaint, it's at least a couple of years ago. The ones I do get are all crap like the above.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by fishtank »

I had a line manager come round to me the other day explaining that Mrs Smith didn't want any of the mail for Mr Smith because he had moved in with the neighbour.

I explained to him that we don't do an unofficial mail filtering system and if Mr Smith wanted his mail to go anywhere else he would have to deal with it officially, I asked if he had explained this to her on the phone, No he says, customer services had told her it would be OK so you'll have to do it...so far I haven't.
I await the next complaint. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by janitor »

Tell him if he feels this is correct to put it in writing.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by bunkerland »

venger wrote:I've had "Why is my mail wet?" when it's pissing down outside.
Just tell them " I got my hands wet when i opened your gate, you keep your gate dry and i'll keep your mail dry" :whistle