ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman Salary question.
-
Sanjayrocks
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 13:23
- Gender: Male
Postman Salary question.
Dear all,
In my contract it says weekly salary is £397(pro rata). How much exactly i should get after tax per week? Any idea how much if calculated per annum. My contract is 25 hours per week, Need this info to update HMRC work tax credit.
Thank you in advance
In my contract it says weekly salary is £397(pro rata). How much exactly i should get after tax per week? Any idea how much if calculated per annum. My contract is 25 hours per week, Need this info to update HMRC work tax credit.
Thank you in advance
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Postman Salary question.
Sanjay, you're annual contract salary is £13,233 , so if you tell HMRC this they'll tell you what tax credits you're entitled to.
It's impossible to tell you here 'cause everybodys personal circumstances are different.
It's impossible to tell you here 'cause everybodys personal circumstances are different.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Postman Salary question.
Wow you're on £397 per week? That's more than I'm on and I'm full time.
-
Lkhardyuk
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 12:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Salary question.
he did say " Pro rata"venger wrote:Wow you're on £397 per week? That's more than I'm on and I'm full time.
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Postman Salary question.
Yeah so the £397 would be FULL TIME wage. Pro rata would be less depending on hours. I'm on full time £372 (or there abouts)Lkhardyuk wrote:he did say " Pro rata"venger wrote:Wow you're on £397 per week? That's more than I'm on and I'm full time.
-
tasam
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49
Re: Postman Salary question.
Tax credits declarations are usually based on gross income rather than net (income before tax etc deducted)Sanjayrocks wrote:Dear all,
In my contract it says weekly salary is £397(pro rata). How much exactly i should get after tax per week? Any idea how much if calculated per annum. My contract is 25 hours per week, Need this info to update HMRC work tax credit.
Thank you in advance
How much OT do you average per week?
If you average 5 hours per week then base your declaration on 30 hour week wages - better to overestimate wage rather than underestimate.
Much nicer to have more money due at annual declaration rather that have to face the claw back due to overpayments.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Postman Salary question.
Pay is 254.49 so you probably will take home 190 pounds roughly (Assuming you pay est 25% for tax/national insurance/pensions)
-
twisted_racer
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 23:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Postman Salary question.
Hello all, I'm starting in the Inverness branch next Wednesday. (Induction on the Tuesday) after reading way too many threads on here I'm getting so confused in regards to how much pay I am going to be taking home every week.
Got my contract in the post today. States that I'm going to get the £355.28 (pro rata)
my contracted hours are 30.5 but they say I'll be working from mon-sat 7:35am-1.55pm which is 39 hours in full.
Bearing in mind I have two lots of car insurance to pay (clue's in the name. Proud owner of Toyota celica and MG ZR. Old ticker is still ticking)
Now could someone please kindly help me out how to make head and tails of my wages?
Also does anyone know what's the score on facial piercings is?
Got two lip ring in and a bridge. Metal bar goes through the skin at the top of your nose, between your eyes. (No it doesn't go through the bone,
just the skin) I emailed the person who was dealing with my application but I got a vague response as in " Ask your manager on the induction day "
Thanks so very much in advance and I'm so glad I came across this site so a big thank you!
Got my contract in the post today. States that I'm going to get the £355.28 (pro rata)
Bearing in mind I have two lots of car insurance to pay (clue's in the name. Proud owner of Toyota celica and MG ZR. Old ticker is still ticking)
Now could someone please kindly help me out how to make head and tails of my wages?
Also does anyone know what's the score on facial piercings is?
Thanks so very much in advance and I'm so glad I came across this site so a big thank you!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman Salary question.
You'll still be working 30.5 hours (or roughly 6 hours a day) as you will work 5 days out of 6 - that the standard shift system (but not the only one) at RM. The extra 20 minutes will be part of the longer and shorter days which some offices run as Monday and Tuesday are usually quieter so they won't need you for as long.
The £355.28 is the rate of pay for a Full Timer so you basic will be 30/39 of that. Thats around £275 before deductions.
Facial piercings and tattoos are fine, I have tattoos as long as they aren't excessive it should be okay. Our code of business standards says: https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ONLINE.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The £355.28 is the rate of pay for a Full Timer so you basic will be 30/39 of that. Thats around £275 before deductions.
Facial piercings and tattoos are fine, I have tattoos as long as they aren't excessive it should be okay. Our code of business standards says: https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ONLINE.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Salary question.
See that's where I went wrong teebs, they were fine with the Prince Albert, It was the displaying it on duty they didn't like.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman Salary question.
fishtank wrote:See that's where I went wrong teebs, they were fine with the Prince Albert, It was the displaying it on duty they didn't like.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Salary question.
twisted_racer wrote:Hello all, I'm starting in the Inverness branch next Wednesday. (Induction on the Tuesday) after reading way too many threads on here I'm getting so confused in regards to how much pay I am going to be taking home every week.
Got my contract in the post today. States that I'm going to get the £355.28 (pro rata) :hmmmm my contracted hours are 30.5 but they say I'll be working from mon-sat 7:35am-1.55pm which is 39 hours in full. :arrrghhh
Bearing in mind I have two lots of car insurance to pay (clue's in the name. Proud owner of Toyota celica and MG ZR. Old ticker is still ticking)
Now could someone please kindly help me out how to make head and tails of my wages?
Also does anyone know what's the score on facial piercings is? :cool Got two lip ring in and a bridge. Metal bar goes through the skin at the top of your nose, between your eyes. (No it doesn't go through the bone, :arrrghhh just the skin) I emailed the person who was dealing with my application but I got a vague response as in " Ask your manager on the induction day " :arrrghhh
Thanks so very much in advance and I'm so glad I came across this site so a big thank you! :Applause
if anything like most offices then there will also be plenty of opportunity for overtime too
-
twisted_racer
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 23:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Postman Salary question.
Thank you guys for your reply.
I get it now! Thank you! 