ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park n loop partner issues....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Energie_man
Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 10:32

Park n loop partner issues....

Post by Energie_man »

Ok...so we've had this in for around 3 months now...
Here's the niggling problems I have and would be interested in hearing your issues with parters..

Firstly I drew the very short straw of pairing up with someone who has never heard of lynx :no no even first thing Monday morning the body odour is strong,it smells stale in the van and although it was brought up in WTO it's still no different..so I'm gonna have to complain again,he's not a bad guy he just stinks!! :silenced

He's the driver and has this tendency to drive under 30mph I look in side mirror and I just know people behind are thinking "I wish this **** would hurry up! .
His driving in general is equivalent of my nan!

He has one walking pace even when we're on last loop I'm in van waiting I don't see him stepping into 2nd gear to finish,you know how it is....

Lastly he has a tendency to go through all my loops on his walk bag by bag and tell me what parcels I've got....I'm like !" Just let me get on with it,!" :arrrghhh

I know he's just trying to help so I can't knock him unlike the way he knocks me about with the body odour :wave

So any one else got partner niggles?
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by NewPostieUK »

Sounds like you got lucky.

I'll swap partners with you in a flash.

Close shaves every day, I'm lucky to be alive, and he seems to have problems reading...
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by ganda »

Apart from the body odour issues he's doing alright. If others had the same work ethic we wouldn't be in the situation we are now. I had a partner who galloped around, moaned when I took a break and then complained to management that I was slow, that got me suspended for 6 weeks!

So he does the speed limit and drives carefully, that's a good thing, isn't it......
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by bustedflush »

Take your car out, do your half from the van and leave him out there. That happens a lot here. As for the van, an ultra-strong Magic Tree, you can get a 5-pack from feebay for £2.99 and maybe claim back from the manager.
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by ganda »

Nobody should be in their own car during work time. Even to the first point of delivery, it is still using your own car during duty time. People in our area have been sacked for it!
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by bustedflush »

ganda wrote:Nobody should be in their own car during work time. Even to the first point of delivery, it is still using your own car during duty time. People in our area have been sacked for it!
Not if you ask permission given the circumstances, i.e. you have an appointment after work or would be claiming docket otherwise as you've been paired with a 'slow'. Quite often, to ensure deliveries people who live near or on the route of a forgotten packet or a packet lost and subject to a customer potential complaint after the enquiry office could not find it then did find it, the manager will ask a chap to drop it off on his/her way home.
Captain Scarlet
Posts: 322
Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
Location: Fifer

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by Captain Scarlet »

bustedflush wrote:
ganda wrote:Nobody should be in their own car during work time. Even to the first point of delivery, it is still using your own car during duty time. People in our area have been sacked for it!
Not if you ask permission given the circumstances, i.e. you have an appointment after work or would be claiming docket otherwise as you've been paired with a 'slow'. Quite often, to ensure deliveries people who live near or on the route of a forgotten packet or a packet lost and subject to a customer potential complaint after the enquiry office could not find it then did find it, the manager will ask a chap to drop it off on his/her way home.

Totally untrue, even if you had business insurance RM will not defend anything that brings the safety of employees or security of mail. I think your Dom is pulling the wool or are you just in too much of a hurry to get home early? Latest team brief we were told quite clearly that we would face prosecution every time and if you want to chance it then RM will sack you every time so bringing down the number of employees. Do your job properly or face the consequences :Boo hoo!
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by ganda »

Captain Scarlet wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
ganda wrote:Nobody should be in their own car during work time. Even to the first point of delivery, it is still using your own car during duty time. People in our area have been sacked for it!
Not if you ask permission given the circumstances, i.e. you have an appointment after work or would be claiming docket otherwise as you've been paired with a 'slow'. Quite often, to ensure deliveries people who live near or on the route of a forgotten packet or a packet lost and subject to a customer potential complaint after the enquiry office could not find it then did find it, the manager will ask a chap to drop it off on his/her way home.

Totally untrue, even if you had business insurance RM will not defend anything that brings the safety of employees or security of mail. I think your Dom is pulling the wool or are you just in too much of a hurry to get home early? Latest team brief we were told quite clearly that we would face prosecution every time and if you want to chance it then RM will sack you every time so bringing down the number of employees. Do your job properly or face the consequences :Boo hoo!
Good advice. As I said, already happened on our patch. No manager should allow anyone to use there own car!
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by ganda »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 3&p=613381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by bustedflush »

I see. The practise seems to be endemic though. I shall avoid doing it in future and the same with dropping stray packets off on my way home if asked. I'd rather be safe than on a disciplinary. If with a slow in future I'll ask politely to be dropped back at the DO - to be fair a couple of them routinely do that anyway because they always go over.
rumble1234
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Dec 2010, 11:52
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by rumble1234 »

partner problems are a nightmare I had an idiot for a year who drove me near enough insane ,then I had an outstanding guy and that made the job feel completely different and I finally thought I was getting somewhere until the dreaded re sign.i fought for 6 months to get my walk fixed then it was knocked by someone who had fought for nothing.so I got paired up with a guy whos two dutys were excellent but the guy does my head in with his antics and its really getting to me so im moving again .im swapping with a guy whos not getting on with his partner the dutys crap but id rather be physically tired than mentally ill. :evil/mad since park and take your anti depressants came in one guy ditched his partner on the street and walked home 2 loops in and never looked at him again another guy is still off with depression and another threatened to stab a guy in the eyes with his car keys.so in conclusion whoever thought up this system is pure evil beyond words. :evil/mad
mlw
Posts: 182
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 21:32
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by mlw »

Energie_man wrote:Ok...so we've had this in for around 3 months now...
Here's the niggling problems I have and would be interested in hearing your issues with parters..

Firstly I drew the very short straw of pairing up with someone who has never heard of lynx :no no even first thing Monday morning the body odour is strong,it smells stale in the van and although it was brought up in WTO it's still no different..so I'm gonna have to complain again,he's not a bad guy he just stinks!! :silenced

He's the driver and has this tendency to drive under 30mph I look in side mirror and I just know people behind are thinking "I wish this **** would hurry up! .
His driving in general is equivalent of my nan!

He has one walking pace even when we're on last loop I'm in van waiting I don't see him stepping into 2nd gear to finish,you know how it is....

Lastly he has a tendency to go through all my loops on his walk bag by bag and tell me what parcels I've got....I'm like !" Just let me get on with it,!" :arrrghhh

I know he's just trying to help so I can't knock him unlike the way he knocks me about with the body odour :wave

So any one else got partner niggles?
i had similar guy asked dom to have a word about hygiene he just gave him 5 new shirts it looks like he wears 1 a month and has a bath about similar,i refused to work with him now he is on hct walk!!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by fishtank »

How close do some of you guys get to your "partners"? :nervous
For the short time you're in the van together wind the window down or buy an air freshener but seriously...how close are you getting here?
My partner eats cheese and onion crisps,I feckin hate the smell of cheese and onion crisps but ffs stop being so precious.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by bustedflush »

fishtank wrote:How close do some of you guys get to your "partners"? :nervous
For the short time you're in the van together wind the window down or buy an air freshener but seriously...how close are you getting here?
My partner eats cheese and onion crisps,I feckin hate the smell of cheese and onion crisps but ffs stop being so precious.
Look, we are postmen. We deal with the public. We wear appropriate uniform. Surely it against the rules to turn up on a customer's doorstep smelling like a glassblower's arse, is it not? Let alone your partner putting up with it. At least with a packet of crisps you know where the smell comes from and it's benign. Unlike the various smells coming from an unhygienic partner.
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: Park n loop partner issues....

Post by Anonymouse »

I used to work with a heavy smoker. He never smoked in the van but he smelled horrendous all the time. Used to drive with my window down.
He left though so happy days. Well, as happy as they can get around RM :sad: