Anyone know on average how many calories a postie burns a day,quick paced walking? Guessing a 1000. jeez I must be eating about 4000 calories a day then
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
-
hewittinspain
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
- Gender: Male
I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Since I started in the summer ive put on a stone!! My appitite has increased somewhat and im constantly hungry!!haha!!
Anyone know on average how many calories a postie burns a day,quick paced walking? Guessing a 1000. jeez I must be eating about 4000 calories a day then
Anyone know on average how many calories a postie burns a day,quick paced walking? Guessing a 1000. jeez I must be eating about 4000 calories a day then
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
The constant hunger may well be a sign you are dehydrated.
When you are dehydrated you crave food, especially sweet things.
Undoubtedly someone will come on and tell you they did their duty with a pedometer/calorie counter thing and it said 2 000 calories ......
Take a bottle of water out with you and drink a little and often.
When you are dehydrated you crave food, especially sweet things.
Undoubtedly someone will come on and tell you they did their duty with a pedometer/calorie counter thing and it said 2 000 calories ......
Take a bottle of water out with you and drink a little and often.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Crikey I've lost a stone and a half since joining and can now eat anything without putting weight on when off work. My metabolism has increased as should have yours. I don't eat during work, only take on water as the person above says. Muscle weighs more than lard, maybe you have put on weight as you were in a sedentary job before and have turned from lard-ass into a more fit person?
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Are you sure you aren't a manager 
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
I would estimate about 70% of the staff in my office are overweight. I've put on about 10kg since starting this job. Although the job is tiring it does not use that much energy because it is low intensity (unless you run!). For me its a combination of a messed up sleeping pattern due to early starts, crap diet and lack of energy to do any other exercise/sport.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
knackeredneedadayoff wrote:Are you sure you aren't a manager
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
The usual deal is you lose about a stone pretty quickly then gradually put about 2 back on over the years.
Phil is right,It's a combination of poor diet,poor sleep patterns and lack of exercise outside of your normal work related exercise.
Cycling and swimming are both good forms of exercise for posties because they don't increase the wear and tear on your knees and ankles.
I prefer my aerobics class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil is right,It's a combination of poor diet,poor sleep patterns and lack of exercise outside of your normal work related exercise.
Cycling and swimming are both good forms of exercise for posties because they don't increase the wear and tear on your knees and ankles.
I prefer my aerobics class.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Jeeeezzz Fish ........ isn't that pornographic ?
I had to watch it twice
I had to watch it twice
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
That will stop you rolling out of bedPinky 1 wrote:Jeeeezzz Fish ........ isn't that pornographic ?
I had to watch it twice
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
bandit1157 wrote:That will stop you rolling out of bedPinky 1 wrote:Jeeeezzz Fish ........ isn't that pornographic ?
I had to watch it twice
Billy Smarts
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
That's pretty much bang onPhilthyPhil wrote:I would estimate about 70% of the staff in my office are overweight. I've put on about 10kg since starting this job. Although the job is tiring it does not use that much energy because it is low intensity (unless you run!). For me its a combination of a messed up sleeping pattern due to early starts, crap diet and lack of energy to do any other exercise/sport.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
mr deeds
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
- Gender: Female
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
i'm just fat..lol eat a steak pie and cancel it out with a diet coke? simples
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
You could try dancing http://youtu.be/IihpQCF-zj8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
they only play music to hide the sound of fanny fartsfishtank wrote: I prefer my aerobics class.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
The walks in town DO help you lose weight, well me anyway. But to be honest..its more like a bit of fat, which means yer muscle are more defined. ( Trust me...Im a former PTI/Sports lecturer.)
But...if you take in EXCESS Calories, the weight/fat WILL increase.
One pound of Fat is approx 2,500 Cals.
I know I had a Basal Metabolic Rate test once, and my Resting Level was once 2,700 cals per day, at rest.
So, I can eat approx 2,700 cals without putting weight on, lying still all day. Take into account, walking, working etc, and this wud probably raise to 4,000 per day or so. But, If I go over this and dont do walks, the fat does come back on.
So, 4,000 cals in 4,000 cals out, weight balance.
5,000 cals in and only 4,000 cals out, weight/fat gain.
4,000 cals in and 5,000 cals out, weight/fat loss.
Hope this helps a bit!
But...if you take in EXCESS Calories, the weight/fat WILL increase.
One pound of Fat is approx 2,500 Cals.
I know I had a Basal Metabolic Rate test once, and my Resting Level was once 2,700 cals per day, at rest.
So, I can eat approx 2,700 cals without putting weight on, lying still all day. Take into account, walking, working etc, and this wud probably raise to 4,000 per day or so. But, If I go over this and dont do walks, the fat does come back on.
So, 4,000 cals in 4,000 cals out, weight balance.
5,000 cals in and only 4,000 cals out, weight/fat gain.
4,000 cals in and 5,000 cals out, weight/fat loss.
Hope this helps a bit!