ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
AdTheBad
Posts: 68
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 18:03
Gender: Male

Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by AdTheBad »

I've looked around on the web for info regarding wether the employee discount still applies. Not for current 'new' customers it seems, but I was searching on behalf of a retired postie.
Does anyone know if the 25% discount still applies as 'grandfather rights' for pensioners now that the businesses have been split off?
Thanks..Ad.
StanNoftsger13

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by StanNoftsger13 »

In this modern and high technology world which is also called the “information era”. There is no doubt that people now want to own the life that is safe and free and do the thing that they like and want to do. And usually such kind of life is not so easy to own for some people and as they are monitored by some device. If so the high power jammer can be your good assistant.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by ratchet »

^^^^^^^ :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I'd think twice about signing up with PO broadband........... I joined them 2 months ago, and regret it.

I'd read bad things about their customer support, so I crossed my fingers and hoped I'd never have to use them. Yesterday my internet connection failed - no lights at all on the modem, so either the modem or the power supply to it is goosed.

So I called their customer care dept, spoke to a numpty who was onbiously reading from a script and didn't have a clue as to what the problem was, I was told to unplug this and that, take the cover off the master socket and plug my cables directly into the test socket etc. I was then informed I would receive a call from their "triage" team within 4 hours.............. so I sat awaiting their call and 5 hours later had heard nothing. So I gave them another call, whereupon I was told they would send me a new router and I should receive it in 3 to 5 working days !.

So I've wasted 5 hours of my valuable time sat waiting for a phone call that was never going to happen, and in order to save them a few quid on postage they would further inconvenience me by replacing their faulty equipment by posting via the cheapest way possible and I would receive a replacement within 3 to 5 working days - have they never heard of next day delivery !.

I'm only online now because I traced the fault myself (power supply u/s), and have picked up a replacement.

Whinge over :Very Happy

Check out the cashback websites (Quidco & Total cashback) as you will probably earn a nice backhander if you sign up to a new ISP via them.
I am no longer a number :-)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

StanNoftsger13 wrote:In this modern and high technology world which is also called the “information era”. There is no doubt that people now want to own the life that is safe and free and do the thing that they like and want to do. And usually such kind of life is not so easy to own for some people and as they are monitored by some device. If so the high power jammer can be your good assistant.
:wave :wave
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by janitor »

Post office telephone and broadband has gone down the pan since they chose TalkTalk as their provider, they used to be quite good, but as soon as they moved to TalkTalk they have gone right down the pan.
EstellShipmen10

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by EstellShipmen10 »

These cell phone jammers are available at a very reasonable price. You can buy this mini jammer very easily. As this service takes nominal charges on the network, so you would need to spend a little amount to get complete peace of mind when you are not willing to get disturbed.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by ratchet »

EstellShipmen10 wrote:These cell phone jammers are available at a very reasonable price. You can buy this mini jammer very easily. As this service takes nominal charges on the network, so you would need to spend a little amount to get complete peace of mind when you are not willing to get disturbed.
:no no

Do you sell canned meat products ?
I am no longer a number :-)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

EstellShipmen10 wrote:These cell phone jammers are available at a very reasonable price. You can buy this mini jammer very easily. As this service takes nominal charges on the network, so you would need to spend a little amount to get complete peace of mind when you are not willing to get disturbed.
Cell Phone - Oh come on spammer - are you so lazy as not to research the language differences between the UK and USA, you made it too easy to spot you. :wave :wave
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by ratchet »

oh the irony............. spamming the forum in order to advertise spammer jammers :roll:
I am no longer a number :-)
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by korky »

i had po home phone a couple of years ago, asked if any discounts for rm employees and told no,
still went with them as they were the cheapest and they gave free weekend calls to mobiles then too.

(tho just noticed this is a resurrected from the dead thread!)
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Post office home phone. Employee discount.

Post by ratchet »

korky wrote: (tho just noticed this is a resurrected from the dead thread!)
It wasn't me............... honest ! :Very Happy

It looks like admin have zapped the spamming plonker who resurrected it :thumbup
I am no longer a number :-)