ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

pub after work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
themap
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 May 2013, 09:42
Gender: Male

pub after work

Post by themap »

is it acceptable to go to the pub in your uniform on your way home from work?
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: pub after work

Post by mailmonkey »

compulsory in this weather.

heatwave and Christmas you stand a good chance of getting a pint on the house.
themap
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 May 2013, 09:42
Gender: Male

Re: pub after work

Post by themap »

no chance of a free pint in my local :sad:
interesting
Posts: 217
Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: pub after work

Post by interesting »

I only go rarely
But I don't see why we shouldn't
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: pub after work

Post by baldrick »

I think in theory you could be 'bringing Royal Mail into disrepute', but I don't think that it would cause any problem in reality. Plenty of uniformed staff in the pubs around my former MC, after work or during their mealbreak. I used to call into my local on my way home in uniform now and then.
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: pub after work

Post by arty_morty »

None of our lot drink in pubs after work, we all carry their beer with us on the walks.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: pub after work

Post by BettySwollocks »

themap wrote:is it acceptable to go to the pub in your uniform on your way home from work?

This guy seems to think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diCeubq_WXg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: pub after work

Post by BettySwollocks »

Image
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: pub after work

Post by arty_morty »

BettySwollocks wrote:
themap wrote:is it acceptable to go to the pub in your uniform on your way home from work?

This guy seems to think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diCeubq_WXg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's something very sad about that especially how the tossers that filmed it find it funny.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
crammypostie1
Posts: 187
Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
Gender: Male
Location: Cumbria

Re: pub after work

Post by crammypostie1 »

I sleep in my uniform as i love it so much, i cherish the royal mail crest on my chest, i love working for this company. I even have royal mail tattoo
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: pub after work

Post by jaylime »

I think your a knob Crammy,end of.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: pub after work

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Think back to your "Big Picture" session leading to delivery methods revision, uniforms were introduced to make posties stand out like a sore thumb if drinking during work hours. :cuppa
Mr Incognito
Posts: 64
Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: pub after work

Post by Mr Incognito »

There's a clique of guys in my office who go to the pub straight from work and stay there until closing time. They then roll into work the next morning still completely rat-arsed.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: pub after work

Post by cloherty1976 »

At my old office years ago we used to start in the pub before work and visit all day. There were 4 pubs and the post office kept them going. Good old days :Very Happy
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: pub after work

Post by RedBagMan »

I was introduced to "pub after work" back in 1976 when working for the Ministry of Defence - I've stuck with it ever since (apart from one job in Rotterdam - we didn't go to the pub - there was a fridge in the office).

Job done - empty bag - game on ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...