ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Week in hand, do we work it?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tragictramp
Posts: 381
Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 18:02
Gender: Male

Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by tragictramp »

Hi a colleague of mine, well former was dismissed recently and was expecting his last wages yesterday, he contacted the office and was told that we dont work a week in hand and that only overtime is paid a week in arrears, I have always thought we worked a week in hand but not 100%. He is appealing against the dismissal, but obviously wants his payments 100% correct.

:Boo hoo!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by fishtank »

No we don't work a week in hand.
In fact since we get paid at midnight on a thursday we actually get paid for Friday & Saturday in advance. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
tragictramp
Posts: 381
Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 18:02
Gender: Male

Re: Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by tragictramp »

fishtank wrote:No we don't work a week in hand.
In fact since we get paid at midnight on a thursday we actually get paid for Friday & Saturday in advance. :nervous

cheers, not what he wanted to hear lol
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by Darren Bent »

He might get holiday pay and few days if he work in floating week off system.
rory322
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 16:11
Gender: Male

Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by rory322 »

So I will get paid the first week I work then? Started on Monday.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by P13 »

rory322 wrote:So I will get paid the first week I work then? Started on Monday.
Yes
tats
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Jan 2014, 09:31
Gender: Male

Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by tats »

rory322 wrote:So I will get paid the first week I work then? Started on Monday.

You will be paid Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on Friday and next week you will get the Thursday, Friday and Saturday added on to next weeks wages because they process the wages on a Wednesday.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by Biker Mouse »

rory322 wrote:So I will get paid the first week I work then? Started on Monday.
Yes, full basic weeks pay but any overtime is paid the following week.
tinkz
Posts: 44
Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Week in hand, do we work it?

Post by tinkz »

I had induction on wed started at DO on Thursday my wage slip with 15hours (thur, fri and sat)was waiting when I got home...induction was paid following week